You Know You're A Dedicated Homebrewer When...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bridges said:
When any suggested holiday destination is followed by searching out all brewerys within striking distance of said destination, and making sure you can visit them all before you agree to go there.
Yes but most importantly making sure you dont let the missus know about it before hand..My missus will crack it if I base a weekend away on a brewery visit. But if we just happen to see one shes all for going in and trying their beers.

"Oh look honey they have a brewery here apparently that does a nice lunch. I didnt know that."

Phillo said:
When you put off having your first kid because you don't want to give up your brewery room. :kooi:

When you duck home from the hospital shortly after your first born pops out so that you can keg your first keg of beer.

I got into kegging and built my first kegerator in the late stages of SWMBOs pregnancy ;). The beer was ready as the bub was ready! Which happened to be NYE ;)

Truman said:
Yes but most importantly making sure you dont let the missus know about it before hand..My missus will crack it if I base a weekend away on a brewery visit. But if we just happen to see one shes all for going in and trying their beers.

"Oh look honey they have a brewery here apparently that does a nice lunch. I didnt know that."
As long as I can find a cidery in the region I'm golden :)

This

image.jpg

When you tell your coopers fiend neighbour to leave his longnecks rinsed and inverted in your bottle crate next to his recycling bin.

When you have more taps in the shed than the house.

When you see a 50L S/S pot and an esky in the car newxt to yours in the carpark and thoughts go straight to mash tun and kettle.

When you replace your old tumble dryer and rip out the electric motor for a motorised grain mill .

when your newbie mates are calling at 8pm on a monday night asking for advice on this "yeast rehydration thingo" they heard you say last time they were around for a lesson/brew/drink session

you look back over your mash-tun progression in 18mths and see something like this
DSC_0224.JPG

You may have to do a write up for us after some use to give us the low down. Certainly looks the goods.

When the wife is giving birth and I'm checking out the oxygen bottle and regulator contemplating how I could oxygenate my wort

Denobrew said:
When the wife is giving birth and I'm checking out the oxygen bottle and regulator contemplating how I could oxygenate my wort
What are you going to call him/her? Citra? Mosaic? Nelson Sauvignon?

Latest posts

Back