You Know It's Going To Be An Awesome Weekend...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was about awesome weekend.

I'm going to Hobart for Tas. Beerfest, so bite me. :p

This forum needs a button for this:

i_like_beer.jpg

Yes, Jim's closing down. I wonder who he's referring to in this statements (or if he even knows).... food for thought, people.

Theres plenty third party forcing going on & back stabbing that prevents me from advertising, sponsoring & gaining access to wholesale stock.... When the big boys dont want you to play their game theres not much you can do.

You think you've got a good weekend planned?

Ive got 4 full kegs online, bait in the freezer, surf board on the roofracks, its going to be 30C and sunny both days and the missus has gone interstate! Ahhhhh. :super:

Motherfucker ! Swing by my house on the way through and kidnap me.

you know it's going to be an awesome weekend when:
a) you have Friday off.
B) it's your birthday
c) your kegging setup is complete
d) all of the most entertaining people you know are coming round to party.

**** yeah

the web prices are nothing like the real prices if you go there yourself.

I recently paid $5.50 per kg for 6kg grain at my LHBS, <_< is there a secret handshake I should know about Ted?, cause it bites when I see it for tree fiddy per 5kg online

How on earth is it trolling, when I'm suggesting that a Sydney brewer buy stuff from a Sydney store. That word is used so randomly these days.

Please stick to the subject Mark. This is about buying beer ingredients.

Oh, I figured you were intentionally sounding like a retard to rile me up, so that you could laugh at me when I got pissed off. If that's not the case you're not a troll, just a ridiculously illogical retard. Carry on :icon_cheers:

Aah yes, the first in a long line of Craftbrewer Fanboys.

There's a reason they have so many fanboys. And it's not Ross or Anthony's good looks :eek:.

I find myself (in non-brewing buying too) choosing to shop at places where price isn't always the first concern. These days it's almost more important to me to shop at places where the stock is a reliable quality, the stock is in, the shipping is a decent price and reliable, the products are backed up, and the information is knowledgeable.

On the GC some of the HBSs can't get one of these things right.

CB might just be the model for successful HBSs - Ross's Black Ferarri notwithstanding.

I've been waiting freakin ages for a kg of hops from Ellerslie ... the wait is starting to become as costly as the savings.

I recently paid $5.50 per kg for 6kg grain at my LHBS, <_< is there a secret handshake I should know about Ted?, cause it bites when I see it for tree fiddy per 5kg online

Yeah, dont buy grain in 6kg lots. Buy it by the sack (25kg) and crack it yourself. Unless of course you dont have a mill....
Some shops have a 'grain book' or similar setup. Like running a prepaid tab for your grain...

Xavier, where in Sydney are you, a few people can be rustled together in a couple of months for an Ellerslie buy, if you are keen.

I'm at Campbelltown, but Sydney is such a small place in perspective to when I used to travel up and down the east-coast for work.

EDIT: ...and I'm most definitely keen.

If I buy 5kg plus (my base grain) - it works out at $3.50 per kg. Enough reason for me to buy.

As for CB - I buy everywhere, but only them for local stuff. Anthony knows I got my gas bottle from ebay - and helped me for a good period of time to set up the rest of my kegging system, buy the right bits for me (not just what was more expensive) - no issue there.

And Ross gave me a beer on Friday last week, I asked him about the hops, and he said "I thought you've got most of your next year's supply" - referring to my participation in a bulk buy and the fact that I quite openly said I purchased a bulk amount from nikohops in the US.

It doesn't affect the way I'm treated by them, and it's interesting, when I was considering a kegerator, she said "go with Ross, even if it's an extra $50, he deserves your business - support local". I never ended up buying a kegerator, but that stuck with me.

I suppose what I'm saying is 1. I'm not a CB fanboi that follows the herd, but I do like CB. 2. I generally look for a bargain or good price - which is why CB retains my business for most items (as well as the freshness of my hops) and 3. I can understand people supporting their local - it makes economic sense - I do, but at the same time, if you can get a real bargain, go for it.

Goomba

I buy local where I can, renovating my bathroom atm and have managed to get most materials from my independent hardware, Ive paid a bit more but **** Bunnings I say, (which come to think of it is more local to me)
OK. rephrase, support the little guy,
which now has nothing to do with this thread
Ill get me coat

Yeah, dont buy grain in 6kg lots. Buy it by the sack (25kg) and crack it yourself. Unless of course you dont have a mill....

a mill for 25kg grain!, think you are paying too much big Nath
;)

Uh oh, the LHBS police just proved he's a hypocrite once again.

You Know It's Going To Be An Awesome Weekend when ...

the AHB shit fight starts at 10am on a Friday :p

Latest posts

Back