You Can Buy Anything On Ebay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also against the tip jar or in any way selling HB, like I said I think trading it for other beer is fine. I also do not own a single milk crate or 50L keg. I paid fairly and own entirely everything in my brewery, I have a few friends and family members with whom I trade beers and we ALL freely give it to anyone that shows interest!

People often bring beers around to my place when they visit, too (more often when I'm running short on the homebrew :)). The best thing is, it's normally unusual stuff. It saves me having to shop for it, at least.

As others have already implied, and as i will reiterate here, I don't know a single person who has never pirated off the net, or kept the extra 5 bucks they got in change from a supermarket, or evaded at one time or another whatever tax or stamp duty they new they knew they could get away with evading. I seriously hope Mark C that you have never recorded a TV program and then fast forwarded through the adds, for if so I think your actions might be mistaken as for hipocracy.

Good point we need to get realistic

As others have already implied, and as i will reiterate here, I don't know a single person who has never pirated off the net, or kept the extra 5 bucks they got in change from a supermarket, or evaded at one time or another whatever tax or stamp duty they new they knew they could get away with evading. I seriously hope Mark C that you have never recorded a TV program and then fast forwarded through the adds, for if so I think your actions might be mistaken as for hipocracy.

No, it's not hypocritical. I'm not going to dob in the guy who pirates something off the net. I'll sure as **** dob in the guy who sells his wares collection at a flea market though.

I'm not going to dob in the guy who steals a keg. You don't want to be the guy selling a stolen keg with me around though.

I'm sure I break a dozen laws every day; but I don't flaunt them.

Trying to line him up for a massive fine and a conviction in my opinion is despicable.

For christ's sake - let's drop the hyperbole. The guy is not going to get a huge fine, and it's not going to land him a criminal conviction. I included the maximum penalty in my post to remind people.

I'm shocked and ashamed that there are so many people around here with so little sense of personal responsibility or accountability.

No, I was just countering the argument that I was raising the profile of the ebay item. OLGR couldn't care less if we police ourselves. OLGR doesn't even know that I'm a homebrewer.

i think this is probably the point here....
contacting the seller first and advising him of his mistakes could have been more appropriate.
you could have then warned of the big "DOB" if nothing was done to remove the sale items.

Could be an honest mistake, but becoming the vigilante, may have just "highlighted" issues that arent really there.

$0.02

edit: some colour for effect :)

No, it's not hypocritical. I'm not going to dob in the guy who pirates something off the net. I'll sure as **** dob in the guy who sells his wares collection at a flea market though.

I'm not going to dob in the guy who steals a keg. You don't want to be the guy selling a stolen keg with me around though.

I'm sure I break a dozen laws every day; but I don't flaunt them.

Your opinion is clear. And you make the distinction very well between what law breaking you will tolerate and that which you won't. My opinion remains however that trivial breaches of law are still trivial breaches of law, regardless of whether it is on public display or not. As such i still think it is very hipocritical to seek punishment of someone elses small infractions if one openly admits to making similar infractions on a daily basis but just not 'flaunting' it.

This is just my opinion though. I'm happy enough to agree to disagree.

It is obviously a terror plot why not call 1800 123 400. :lol:

Hell yeah, BOTTLE BOMBS PEOPLE!!!! :ph34r:
Ooohhh, the humanity.

edit: crappy colour

Would you really buy a food product from someone not licensed to produce said product? I'm not sure I'd be buying sushi from a bloke in an abandoned warehouse, any more than I'd buy beer from a bloke who may or may not be cutting it with antifreeze.

For christ's sake - let's drop the hyperbole. The guy is not going to get a huge fine, and it's not going to land him a criminal conviction. I included the maximum penalty in my post to remind people.

I'm shocked and ashamed that there are so many people around here with so little sense of personal responsibility or accountability.

My sense of personal responsibility and accountability tells me that I shouldn't sell HB on ebay. It doesn't tell me to go out of my way to cause grief for some poor bloke who does because I'm riding my moral high horse today.

My sense of personal responsibility and accountability tells me that I shouldn't sell HB on ebay. It doesn't tell me to go out of my way to cause grief for some poor bloke who does because I'm riding my moral high horse today.

I'm just glad I don't live next door to Chovain... That was one seriously low blow.

Slightly off topic. Is it okay for me to do the following?

1) My mates give me money to go out and buy the ingredients.
2) Then I have them around for a brewday where I am the brewer and they sit around and play darts.
3) Then two weeks later they come back, play some more darts and I bottle their beer and give it to them.

Would Mark Chovain be dobbing me in for this behaviour? Or would I have to brag about it on myspace before he dobbed me in? Or even if I bragged about it on myspace, would it be legal and therefore escape the wrath of MC?

Sorry Josh....your off to jail... :unsure:, probably Supermax or H division

And when TodayTonight get hold off you, you will be portrayed worse than a kiddie diddler or granny graber...

Anyways...I have to go and sort out my $20,000 worth of milk crates....I can hear helicopters. :ph34r:

2) Then I have them around for a brewday where I am the brewer and they sit around and play darts.
3) Then two weeks later they come back, play some more darts and I bottle their beer and give it to them.

Would Mark Chovain be dobbing me in for this behaviour? Or would I have to brag about it on myspace before he dobbed me in? Or even if I bragged about it on myspace, would it be legal and therefore escape the wrath of MC?
Probably a grey area. It seems on the surface pretty similar to the Brew On Premises places where they help you brew. It's my belief that all you legally have to do is pitch the yeast.

Cheers,

microbe

i think this is probably the point here....
contacting the seller first and advising him of his mistakes could have been more appropriate.
you could have then warned of the big "DOB" if nothing was done to remove the sale items.

Could be an honest mistake, but becoming the vigilante, may have just "highlighted" issues that arent really there.

$0.02

edit: some colour for effect :)

Already done- check the 'questions' section. (unless it was done by people on this forum afterwards...)

I do something similar- my friend puts in half the money, helps me brew, and we walk away with a cube each.

people have also auctioned their anal viriginity on ebay...

I for one don't want to see the accompanying picture :icon_drool2:

Does no one feel pity for this fellow home brewer who has had to give up his lifes passion and sell all his gear. :( Have told my kids where they can find some cheep beer. :chug:

So its ok to steal a car, but not to sell it? It makes no sense to say that theft is ok, but converting that theft to cash is wrong.

You know, I thought you may have had a point originally, but after this it makes me think that you dobbed the guy in just to be a mongrel.

EK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back