• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Yobs Zomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
Giving away, pickup = free and have first priority

if by post, postage costs + $10

Starting with Cascade, there is about 7 zomes of good size, but I rekon 2 per person and one with 3

Siborg - First right of refusal since this was your plant anyway.

Do you have historical photos and yield to present/ allow informed choices?

Just thinking of the punters, Yob

Yes yob can you give a breakdown of return on investment. Free zome plus potting mix plus water cost. If you could spreadsheet so we can get an idea of how much we should spend on water and potting mix to maximize hop yield per dollar invested and a nice graph would keep the punters happy... :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

ffs.. really???

timmi9191 said:
Yes yob can you give a breakdown of return on investment. Free zome plus potting mix plus water cost. If you could spreadsheet so we can get an idea of how much we should spend on water and potting mix to maximize hop yield per dollar invested and a nice graph would keep the punters happy... :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

ffs.. really???
yeah yob does have a reputation around here of ripping people off hahaha

It's a fair comment really, had a pretty good first year with good growth but last seasons was impacted by watering malfunction, I kept it alive fortunately but yield was definitely impacted. The zomes look ok and I'd expect the crown to go well this coming season now I've done the soil some work and have raised the crown.

Can't really give figures but I'm sure I gave some zomes away last year that did well for folks.

In my experience, growing hops yourself is a sub-hobby, not an economic proposition. Grow hops for a few years and you'll really come to appreciate what hop growers have to do to get quality product to you.

I'd love to take 2 of the cascades off your hands thanks Yob. If it only grows 2 cones and takes 10Ml to do it, I'll still be happy! cheers

By pm. All gone for now, will let you know if anyone drops off.

More coming next week, next,

Chinook

Hey Yob any chance of bringing some up with you to the swap?

Depends on when I dig up the others.. If I do so closer to July, yep, if it's in the next few weeks unlikely

timmi9191 said:

ffs.. really???
LOL

Yeah, Yob is well known for nefariously organising bulk buys that maliciously extract cash from innocent brewers that become victims to their addiction to bargains and shiny stuff. Cocko woz right!: Beware of the laughing, hairy scotsman!!
He's also known for suspiciously offering free stuff.
Tha *******! .... Tremble tha wee sassenach!*

* - ok, so i might've had 1 Wee Heavy.
From a case swap brew session.
Organised by Yob.
Of course.
Tha *******.

If you got any more columbus mate.. my last poor fella died in the heat..i should dig a few of mine up in the next week or so...

Grainer said:
If you got any more columbus mate.. my last poor fella died in the heat..i should dig a few of mine up in the next week or so...
4 or 5 columbus zomes good to go, same as before, free pickup, not wanting to post.

Might be able to make a quick trip out to pick them up tomorrow..before I fly out! Would love 2 of these mate the last ones didnt take..PM sent.. if you want any of my zomes let me know.. got Perle,tettnang, Hallertau and Red Earth, Goldings dug up atm..

Back