yield out of keg king 60/40 single vessel brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McFeast

Reaction score
Anyone use one of these? I'm looking to upgrade to 50 litre batches and was wondering wither this would do the job. Happy for any other suggestions.

Do you have a link? Doesn't seem to be in their catalogue

it is in their price list PDF. It is basically a pot within a pot BIAB type thing. 40L inside a 60L.
Pretty sure the 40L has a perforated base.

Sorry, can't help answer the question though, but would suspect that it will have similar limitations to any BIAB in a 60L pot.

Yeah price list pdf. Their page 14 of 63. Page 6 of pdf.
I use biab now for 25l batches. Not aware of any limitations?! What have I missed mate?

I use this. It's great.

Double batch @ 1050+ gravity (10 kilo grain bill) no problem. Could probably push 12 kilos... Probably even more if wheat grist (flour compacts better...).

Positives:
Light weight
Low footprint
No need for much internal plumbing except a pickup tube
Wide pot - easy to whirlpool with a paddle
Bottom of 40L holes are perfect size

Concerns:
Aluminium is only so robust, needs to not be kicked around.
Can't weld fittings on (unless you got an AC aluminium welder)
Lifting inner pot full of that grain is a 2 hand job, need assistant to place grate under it to drain on top of pot.
Volume management compared to separate vessels is a little hit and miss. Biabers don't worry about this.

In a nutshell - get it.

Cheers mate! Couple of dumb questions
Pickup tube? Is that cause the tap is set too high? Not sure I know what that is for...
Volume management. I have no dramas with my stock (other than ball valve) concealed crown 40l. Post boil volume of 25l every time (24l post fermentation) but did take some practice at the start, so I no doubt face this in a new rig.

Got any pics you could share? I'll prob get a thermometer for it and ball lock valve at most.

What's your final volume post fermentation?

McFeast said:
Yeah price list pdf. Their page 14 of 63. Page 6 of pdf.
I use biab now for 25l batches. Not aware of any limitations?! What have I missed mate?
Not specifically referring to any limitations in particular. Just saying that whatever your current limitations are, they would probably scale up.

I've been struggling with volumes since moving to 1v from 3v. But getting better at it, just don't brew frequently enough.

Last brew was apparently 1.62 OG @ about 42-44L into fermenter. Probably closer to 42L.

Pickup tube is what comes from the tap to the bottom of the outer pot to pick up wort from the lowest point. Also, since you can aim the tube along the wall it helps after whirlpooling by not sucking on the cone.

Pics to follow.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1402394375.393745.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1402394421.293590.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1402394459.043521.jpg

My tap is mounted quite low and actually I could just mount a ss 90 degree bend pointed down so it has about 1-2 mm clearance of the bottom and sucks the kettle dry-ish. The pickup tube sticks out a bit and I have to put something under the grist pot to keep it sitting level.

Latest posts

Back