Yet Another Quick Gas Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkeysers

Reaction score
OK. So my brew is done fermenting and I'm keen to get it on the gas so I can drink it soon. Only problem is I haven't got my fridge all setup and drilled to keep the gas on it. I dont have a decent drill either, thats why its not done yet. I plan to get it all done soon, but like I said, I just wanna taste the beer.

Theres room in the fridge for 2 kegs, but I only have one brew for now. Anyway, my question. Can i place my gas bottle inside the cold fridge and have it gas up the keg while its in there? I know its not an ideal solution, I will complete the whole setup properly soon. But for now, is it OK to keep the gas on the keg in the fridge? Or cant the gas be kept at that temp? Any other problems that can arise?

Cheers!

I used to keep the gas in the fridge without any issue. Only thing is it takes up room where you might fit another keg! :D

Thanks guys. It never ceases to amaze me how friendly, helpful and above all FAST everyone is around here! 2 replies in 3 minutes!

Wortgames - I considered this, but it wont get a great seal that way. Wastes electricity and cant be good for the fridge. So I thought seeing as I had the room and it can be done, I'll put it inside the fridge.

Thanks so much!

Latest posts

Back