Yeast With Morgans Pilsner?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gros21

Reaction score
I'm wondering if thease are ale or larger yeast as I'm doing a mexician beer with larger yeast using the chest freezer so I might as well do another larger yeast at the same time

I'm wondering if thease are ale or larger yeast as I'm doing a mexician beer with larger yeast using the chest freezer so I might as well do another larger yeast at the same time

I was wondering the same thing a couple of weeks ago so i emailed Morgan's and got this answer-

"Just short note as I am late for a meeting. The yeast supplied is a hybrid lager type that works best in the twenties as most brewers dont have good temp control. I you want to use a true lager type, Use one of our Brew Cellar lager yeasts at between 12 and 15 C. Kindest Regards"

So I used the tin yeast and fermented at my normal 20C.
It has only been in the bottles two weeks, so haven't tried one, but the gravity tests tasted OK.
Did it with a 400g LDME, 700g Dextrose mix, in primary for 8 days, secondary for 4, OG 1040 FG 1009 4.6%

ive got my golden saaz fermenting at 15 degrees will this be ok? or should i repitch witha brew celler larger yeast?

I was wondering the same thing a couple of weeks ago so i emailed Morgan's and got this answer-

"Just short note as I am late for a meeting. The yeast supplied is a hybrid lager type that works best in the twenties as most brewers don't have good temp control. I you want to use a true lager type, Use one of our Brew Cellar lager yeasts at between 12 and 15 C. Kindest Regards"

So I used the tin yeast and fermented at my normal 20C.
It has only been in the bottles two weeks, so haven't tried one, but the gravity tests tasted OK.
Did it with a 400g LDME, 700g Dextrose mix, in primary for 8 days, secondary for 4, OG 1040 FG 1009 4.6%

my last morgans pils i did with an american ale yeast from craftbrewer.

its come out a treat, although obviously not true to style. i dont have the capacity to lager anything at the moment.

well my chest freezer is empty at the moment so i am doing another larger at the moment, so i am keen to use it while i can.

basicly will pitching another strain of yeast be bad at all?

As long as you're replacing the yeast with a better yeast, go for it. I assume the yeast is the same as what comes wiht the Blue Mountains Lager. It worked okay for me.

Just tasted my Morgans Pilsner, which I did with WLP 800 Pilsner yeast, on thursday night. Pretty good, but I think it needs a few more months to smooth out.

Back