Xxxx Gold Or Vb?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XXXX Gold as a much more drinkable beer than VB will ever be. Its the only beer I will drink if OLD is not on tap..

If forced, drink the XXXX. Stand up for yourself, be a man and tell the Melbourne crowd that VB really is shit

I can drink XXXXGold if need be but VB,wouldn't touch it with a 50 ft barge pole

Batz

Listen men and women of Australia.

Find the thread that was there this morning "HTFU"

Take the advice. HTFU. When it's one night and a special night for a few people, drink the swill. If woman can fake orgasms, real men can drink VB and not :icon_vomit:

WORD!

Im doing the do in April and i have already settled with the winery we are having the reception at that they will do a special beer order for me. I pay for all the beer and what is not drunk i get to keep.

So who knows how much beer i should order for 110people?

Descions....Coopers, Lil creatures, Gage Road, Snowy mountains....hmmmm

Easy: Little Creatures Rogers, beer with colour, flavour and aroma and it's mid strength so you wont get in trouble with the RSO police. Could be a tame wedding without fights and stuff though :D

How much? Thats up to you!

Good advice from Screwy and Fatgodzilla there!

If forced, drink the XXXX. Stand up for yourself, be a man and tell the Melbourne crowd that VB really is shit

Take the advice. HTFU. When it's one night and a special night for a few people, drink the swill. If woman can fake orgasms, real men can drink VB and not :icon_vomit:

Fair enough, Fatgodzilla.

Ducatiboy stu, if only it was that easy. It's not just Melbourne, it's all of Victoria, sometimes.
I used to work at The Royston, a nice little pub that takes care to put craft brews on tap. It's also directly opposite the Mountain Goat Brewery.
One evening, a Buck's turn came in from Eastern Gippsland. The Royston was recommended by a young bloke who liked his beer. The rest of the 30 odd blokes couldn't handle that the only CUB tap we had was Carlton Draught and it was off that night.
A few tried the tap stuff and stuck with it a little while and some tried Tiger with the belief that it tasted like VB!
For the rest, rather than trying anything from the fridge or from the other taps, they went to bourbon. And not even a good one.
That was a dark, strange evening at The Royston.

:icon_offtopic: Off topic a little, sorry.

I was at a big engagement/ birthday party In Brisso last weekend, the invite stated it was "Free beer and food" , The host is a good mate and just smiled when I turned up with a 6 pack of Little Creatures, I just knew it would be nothing but XXXX Gold and crap wine, and sure enough it was, I gave him a good bottle of whisky [that's his poison of choice] so all was good. :icon_cheers:

WORD!

Im doing the do in April and i have already settled with the winery we are having the reception at that they will do a special beer order for me. I pay for all the beer and what is not drunk i get to keep.

What's that? Sure, I'd LOVE to come to your wedding, Fents.

It's probably a cultural thing. And true blue Aussie competitiveness.
:icon_cheers:

Born in SA lived there till 25,moved to WA lived there 23 years,been in Qld 3 years

Batz

If thats the only beer that will be at the wedding I would take the opportunity to have an AFD. Problem solved. That way the next day you wont have a hangover and you can go back to drink your own beer!

Steve

Born in SA lived there till 25,moved to WA lived there 23 years,been in Qld 3 years

Batz

Alrighty. Back to the drawing board of crackpot sociological theory. :p

SJW, AFD? Under the circumstances, Alcohol Free does not compute. Maybe, I should bite the bullet and chalk it up to experience. Then I can say, "Remember that wedding where all we had to drink was XXXX Gold? Can't believe they let me out on bail!"

In the end weddings like these are a bag of laughs...
especially when bridesmaids take the mike with a classy opening line like "I hhhhope I donnnt sssshtuff thisss uppp, cozzsh I'mmm really pissshed!"
Gold.

WORD!

110 people, my invite must still be coming :lol: :lol:

If they all drink like you Fents, you will need a shit load of the stuff

Rook

If they all drink like you Fents, you will need a shit load of the stuff

What are you really trying to say rookie? Theres a hidden message in there somewhere im just having trouble working out what it is ;)

Both yours and wards invites must of gone naranjarah (walkabout) in aust post. I have a mate who's a bike postie i'll see if he can fish it out...

Actually WTF, do they even deliver post to Tullarook? :p :lol:

Just got home from dropping off the booze for my wedding tomorrow. Extra Dry, Super Dry, Boags Draught, Mids and Lights, and a carton of Cascade Blonde which I found in the bargain bin whilst picking up my carton of LCPA (+ wine). Was pleased to be able to give instructions on the serving of booze, namely, HANDS OFF MY LCPA!!!!! Only one or two people would appreciate the good stuff anyway so not really concerned what everyone else drinks..........

I just had a brain wave (must be my pale ale) If you are a smoker you could stash an esky of your own brew in the car park and every time you excuse your self for a cheeky smoke have a quiet stub. Happy days!

Back