Xmas Brewing Presents?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In amongst my awesome presents was designing great beers by daniels. I've blinded myself with science already.

Craft Brewer voucher...I must have been a good boy this year :)

3170270d.jpg
:D

Wow! The End Of The World @ 9% Sounds great! :D

I reckon - Cheers mate, merry xmas to ya!! I have since found their home page and have one chilled just a bout ready to rock...... oh the waiting!

Fents, how much better can your life get, married, 120L mash tun, 6 way fonts, 9L kegs..... Jeez!

Merry Xmas mate I hope its the best! Big ups!

Cheers
Cocko!!
:icon_cheers:

My Mum was real sweet and gave me a 7L combo stockpot thing because I was on the prowl for a "really big pot"... will be ok for little partials I guess.

But..

The moment I was summoned to open it, I was due to make a last minute bid on this and it fell from my grasp... Oh well, had a beer and brushed off. Someone got a bargain gas bottle with a free barbie.

Just drank this and I must say: JEEZZZUS - one hell of a beer!! Champaign aroma but the flavour is amazing.... I am not sure my palette is ready for such a beast!!
View attachment 23475

Anyway, I just re-cultured the yeast from the bottle and will see how it goes!! Merry xmas to me!!

Well not really brew related but brew itself!

It seems to be from Canada, does anyone know or recognise what I can expect from these 750ml badboys!!

Oh and a big Merry Xmas to ALL!! :beer:

View attachment 23474

I bought myself the same 3 pack the other day....

I have drunk the Maudite and the La Fin Du Monde over the last couple of nights (so it was an early present)........

Wait till you have the Maudite, flavour country.........

SWMBO got me a 9 litre keg in the recent bulk buy. Sweet !!!

I also got a voucher from SWMBO's mother that I used to buy some stuff for a little boy and girl that hopefully don't have much ( the KMart wishing tree). I spent it on something I wanted to so I'm happy with my choice. And 'yea' the beer is talking a bit here but it's Xmas.

gary

Parents gave me cash to go towards my mykegonlegs CO2 cylinder. My other half bought me my third tap, which I will be installing next week :)

Got a dual (two pressure) regulator.
img187.jpg
Although the strangest thing last night was using my 100 litre brew boiler inside for the puddings straight after doing a big hefe.
img190.jpg

I got a 2 tap kegerator, i had to contribute a bit to that myself but it was well worth it, now all i have to get are a few John Guest fittings and I'm good to go.

I bought myself the same 3 pack the other day....

I have drunk the Maudite and the La Fin Du Monde over the last couple of nights (so it was an early present)........

Wait till you have the Maudite, flavour country.........

Surely boxing day is an excuse... yep, its enough for me!!

In the fridge it goes!
:chug:

Well the good lady wife got me "Brewing Classic Styles" and "Designing Great Beers" - which I am absolutely stoked with.

But the best brewing present was one to myself yesterday - picked up a RIMS system, grain mill and a bunch of kegs from a fella on eBay - pick up from Wagga Wagga on my way back from a wedding in about 1.5 weeks time.

Merry freakin Christmas!!

Lucky I already have a shed on order to house it all :super:

Brendo

Had a cracker of an Xmas.

All the bits and pieces to upgrade my system to a HERMS, March pump, hand held element, SS fittings, welding job done on heat exchanger. I cant wait to throw it all together.

Cheers,

JJ

Well the good lady wife got me "Brewing Classic Styles" and "Designing Great Beers" - which I am absolutely stoked with.

But the best brewing present was one to myself yesterday - picked up a RIMS system, grain mill and a bunch of kegs from a fella on eBay - pick up from Wagga Wagga on my way back from a wedding in about 1.5 weeks time.

Merry freakin Christmas!!

Lucky I already have a shed on order to house it all :super:

Brendo

Oh, so you are the one that aqquired it..... :beer:

I managed to score a beer filter from SWMBO (and thanks to Ross as well!), so no more waiting for my kegs to clear!

Also got the OK to get the March Pump from the recent Bulk Buy as soon as we're back in QLD.

Other assorted non-brewing related items as well :)

Cheers

Well not really brew related but brew itself!

It seems to be from Canada, does anyone know or recognise what I can expect from these 750ml badboys!!

Oh and a big Merry Xmas to ALL!! :beer:

You are one very lucky man, if you think you have had the best... wait until you try the Trois Pistoles ;) You are in for a real treat.

I have 5 stubbies of Trois Pistoles sitting on the shelf and 2.3 tallies of it's big brother La Terrible (Xmas pressie to myself) in the back fridge. If you can track down La Terrible or Unibroue 17 (the cream of the crop) then you will have some mighty fine beverage filling your glasses. Most of the Unibroue beers taste better from a chalice if you happen to have one.

Brewing pressie from my sister was a gift cert for Craftbrewer and a Trois Pistoles glass from Phil at the Spotted Cow in Toowoomba.

La_Terrible.JPG

You are one very lucky man, if you think you have had the best... wait until you try the Trois Pistoles ;) You are in for a real treat.

I have 5 stubbies of Trois Pistoles sitting on the shelf and 2.3 tallies of it's big brother La Terrible (Xmas pressie to myself) in the back fridge. If you can track down La Terrible or Unibroue 17 (the cream of the crop) then you will have some mighty fine beverage filling your glasses. Most of the Unibroue beers taste better from a chalice if you happen to have one.

Brewing pressie from my sister was a gift cert for Craftbrewer and a Trois Pistoles glass from Phil at the Spotted Cow in Toowoomba.
Was the La Terrible from a bottlo or did you order online?

Latest posts

Back