Wyeast In The Mail

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horner34

Reaction score
I'm going to step up from dryed yeast to a liquid and my local HBS is G&G and their wyeast is $15. I've been looking on Craftbrewers and their yeast is less than ten.

So my question is, has anyone had any trouble with having their yeast sent by mail.

I've had liquid yeast shipped in the mail a few years back. I think it was summer time. If I were to do it again I would be ordering this time of year and stocking up for the warmer months.

I've had several packs of Wyeast sent up to north queensland during summer with no problems. It was from another online shop though (bmbrews I think) and the pack was strapped to a frozen chiller bag and wrapped in several layers of bubble wrap wich would give it some insulation. It's still slightly cooler than the outside when arrives but not really cool. Never had a problem with any of them, I put them into the fridge and once I need one I take it out and let it warm for an hour, then they swell in a couple of hours after being smacked.

If you want to order from craftbrewer make sure you ask Ross if he will send it with freezer bags or coolpaks.
Also don't order one on a wed, thurs or friday, it might be sitting around all weekend at the auspost depo. Make sure you order it mon or tues so by the time it's sent, it still has a chance of being delivered before the weekend.

I ordered mine from a retailer and it was just in bubblewrap, not chilled, and it sat around all weekend in transit. I haven't tried it yet, so possibly no damage done. But some people get fairly upset when they get warm liquid yeast.

If you want to order from craftbrewer make sure you ask Ross if he will send it with freezer bags or coolpaks.
Also don't order one on a wed, thurs or friday, it might be sitting around all weekend at the auspost depo. Make sure you order it mon or tues so by the time it's sent, it still has a chance of being delivered before the weekend.

I ordered mine from a retailer and it was just in bubblewrap, not chilled, and it sat around all weekend in transit. I haven't tried it yet, so possibly no damage done. But some people get fairly upset when they get warm liquid yeast.
Hey Pablo I thought you would be the guru on cold chain management :p

Latest posts

Back