Wyeast Bavarian Lager 2206

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm using Wyeast Irish ale as was wondering how many times can you use the same yeast in different brews?

Also can you re-use dried yeast or is it a one time only?

Cheers Dave.

Hey,

I too have used this yeast in German Pilsners with great success. Ferments out leaving beer with nice a malt profile.
Definently my favourite wyeast so far. it just go's to show that yeasts are not limited to there style and can be used in other beers with great success.

Cheers,

Ryan

Used the 2206 in a Traditional Bock that won its class in the Victorian Beerfest this year, and it was the most malt-driven beer I've tasted. No fruity esters clashing with the malt. Just pitch big and keep the temp nice and low.

Think the general feedback on this yeast speaks for itself.

Tim
Tim I use this as my house yeast for all types of Lager/Pils and as you said "PITCH BIG and keep it low"Can be a slow yeast to take off but its worth the wait.
GB

Reviving old thread, some feed back on my processes from some of you more experienced folk.. On this strain please

I've just mashed an Oktoberfest today 1055 into the cube ,and then a Doppelbock that went into the cube at 1075. I've got some 2206 today and pitched into a 1 ltr starter.
I'm going to step that up into 2 x 2.5 ltr flasks over the coming couple if days, chill and decant most of the stater liquid off,chill my cube of Oktoberfest to 10 degrees pour into fermenter, o2 for 90 seconds, pitch yeasts and hold at 10 degrees.

Get another stepped up starters going over rest of next week, grow up 3 x 2.5 ltr flasks of 2206, chill and decant, chill the Doppelbock cube to 10, o2 for maybe 2 minutes pitch and hold at 10.

Does this sound like enough yeast and right temps?

When 90% done I was going to raise upto 18 for couple days, then fine and cc to 0 for at least 4 weeks.

Feed back please guys...

I've done a 3L starter of 2206 for 25L of 1.069 Bock which fermented out clean over about 5-7 days, starting at 10c ending at about 20-22c.

Just about to pitch 2 x decanted 3 ltr starters at 10 degrees tommoz into my Doppelbock . Cheers for your reply, can't wait to get into it in 6 weeks or so.
Christmas cheer. Lol

Latest posts

Back