Wy Yeast 1469

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be tasting my first TTL with 1469 this weekend, have a mild brewed with it that will be bottled this weekend also.
Can't wait for the taste test, I hope it lives up to the hype.
:icon_drool2:

I just top cropped my current batch with 1469. I think the crystal i used was too dark for TTLL pale ale, looks more like a Fuller's ESB. Anyways I measured the SG at 1.020, so put lid back on and gave it a swirl. It has only been four days. The krausen / yeast was no where near as thick as the 1318 i have been using recently, so I only managed to get one jar for preservation. Will see if it gives up some more at the end of primary, it would be nice to have some redundancy with this strain.

Let us know how the taste test goes, I would be keen to hear as it's also my first time using this yeast.

Cheers
:beer:

So that's what the semi trailer was backing up to CB yesterday when I was there :lol:

I used the Proculture Wood Ale last year and it was classic classic 1469

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

If Wyeast deliberately starve the market of a popular product then the demand will be satisfied via other channels. As Al Capone et al realised. In my case, the test tubes arrived last Friday. :)
BTW glycerine is around $7 for 200ml Faulding brand at Woolies next to the Peroxide, Liquid Paraffin etc.

gangsta.jpeg

BTW glycerine is around $7 for 200ml Faulding brand at Woolies next to the Peroxide, Liquid Paraffin etc.

excellent thanks mate... been searching for some

Alright, I couldn't wait. Sipping on the second glass of the first bottle and are thoroughy enjoying it. wy1469 gets a thumbs up from me. :kooi:

I have a number of slants of this puppy in the fridge from 18+ months ago.

A great little yeast indeed. Headspace in fermentor required though!

Alright, I couldn't wait. Sipping on the second glass of the first bottle and are thoroughy enjoying it. wy1469 gets a thumbs up from me. :kooi:

Racked mine to a keg on Saturday and a few bottles after a 24hr cold crash to 3oC. This yeast dropped so clean, no need for any further clearing efforts. Haven't had a yeast drop so brilliantly & so quickly after primary fermentation (7 days). With luck I won't have any chill haze either and can serve a brilliant/bright beer with no clearing agents. Small sample from taking a SG measurement was promising so looking forward to this one.

Cheers

:beer:

With luck I won't have any chill haze either and can serve a brilliant/bright beer with no clearing agents.

It sure does drop clear with a bit of cold time... i recently kegged an unfinned and unfiltered mild using 1469 and it's close to being as clear as any of my filtered beers... making me think twice about using the filter on every batch :rolleyes:

It sure does drop clear with a bit of cold time... i recently kegged an unfinned and unfiltered mild using 1469 and it's close to being as clear as any of my filtered beers... making me think twice about using the filter on every batch :rolleyes:
That's why I like it? Truly hassle- free, hands- off, set & forget, etc... B)

Not a chance of me faffing around filtering, I'm lucky to have enough enthusiasm to bottle it after a (largely abandoned) fortnight in primary and a brief chill, let alone farting around cleaning a filter, plumbing, vessels etc... :D

That's why I like it? Truly hassle- free, hands- off, set & forget, etc... B)

Not a chance of me faffing around filtering, I'm lucky to have enough enthusiasm to bottle it after a (largely abandoned) fortnight in primary and a brief chill, let alone farting around cleaning a filter, plumbing, vessels etc... :D

the reason i didn't fine and filter (apart fomr utter laziness) is that i wanted to get a true taste of what the yeast brought to to a low alc beer especially when it was young. Just a nice surprise that it dropped clear.

BTW when it comes to enthusiasm for bottling read here cause kegging rewards laziness :lol:

Just drinking my first 1469 beer - really is worth the hype.

Wonderfull fruity esters - reminds me a little of apricot seed....

I used pro 103 in a recent beer (ESB I think). I now have an ESB/IPA fermenting (yeast in this morning) with a fresh pack of 1469 so I can see what the fuss is about. I haven't been disappointed in a UK yeast yet. I presume like most others, it's good for top cropping (slightly awkward as I'm fermenting in my cube but I'll work it out).

I have a TTLL clone in a Keg at the moment..

First up I fermented with 1183 which turned out nice...
Did my second batch with 1469 and OMFG! Slightly fruity esters, dry finish. Just begging for another mouthfull... And as other have said.. Makes a very clear beer...

Awesome yeast!

Back