• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTS: 50ltr Braumeister

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Nibbo was saying that "the Job" was probably showing his customers how simple AG brewing can be.

You don't really need a BM to achieve that, and if it's just sitting there it good that it's gone to a good home and will get used more often.

I'm still spewing I missed out though.

What makes a BM so good and worth the money it costs? How does it differ to other all grain systems?

I love my BM because of the simplicity.

Easy to use, easy to clean and it doesn't take much space to store it. It's brewing, minus the shit bits.

I love all the passion the Brau crowd have for their machine. So much hate for a comment that they think is attacking their system.

As Tahoose pointed out above correctly, It's a visual for the customers to see what is needed to achieve getting into all grain. When they see the $3500 system sitting there, it's a little overwhelming. Seeing a simple urn in action makes it look a little more in their reach.

That's why it's gone and now I'm not tripping over it when I walk into the store.

Cheers

Nibbo

Honestly, bargain aside, I went for it because as much as I love tinkering I have little time ATM, hardly get to brew once in 2 months these days because I'm adjusting and tweaking the system on brew days and they take longer so they don't happen often enough.
This, hopefully lets me put all the theory into practice on a well made machine and shortens my brew days....

You won't regret it PF.

I decided at 8.30 on Sunday morning that I wanted to brew. The BM was filled with water at 8.35 am. Mashed in at about 9 (mash in at about 55 from memory). I'd cubed 17 L of 1.070 wort and had cleaned up by 1pm.

While the BM was doing its thing I was able to take the kids out for breakfast and then to the park. Between mash out the first hop addition I got a few jobs done around the house. It is genuinely a beautiful device to use. The mrs wishes that I brewed more often.

Back