Wtf! Brewcraft Rogues Kits?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murcluf

The Mystical Meerkat
Reaction score
Unsure if this has been bought up before, surfing the net and chasing some links regarding Rogues Barley Wines and stumbled over this link from the Rogues site. Brewcraft Rogue Kits "Oh my giddy Aunt" nearly chucked up my Imperial Stout.

Nice! Don't know about the amber and munich 'speciality' malts though. If it had the instructions to mash it, it might be alright.

I wonder if there is a Rogue Voo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale kit in the works? I's give it whirl :icon_cheers:

I'm missing what it has to do with brewcraft.

Seems to be a US site?

What's the association with BC and can you buy them from BC here?

Clicky-clicky, manticle.

rogue_dead_guy.jpg

I found it through the link provided by Murcluf. By clicking, etc.

Hackles down, my good chap.

No hackles mate. Possibly some heckling, no more than that.

While it's possible that clicking the links within the link might lead in the right direction, surely for thread clarity, suggesting that link might be made clearer or more direct is not a bad idea?

Might be my browser (google chrome) but I get nothing on that page that suggests BC so it's only random clicking presumably that will see me get there. When I click a link to brewcraft rogue kits, I presume to see why brewcraft and rogue are mentioned together.

What's not clear about the link? Five pictures, one of them clearly shows the Brewcraft kit, no further clicking required.

Okay, cards on the table - there is a fairly large thumbnail for the exact image I posted directly within Murcluf's link. Should be around the centre of your screen (assuming non-4:3 monitor).

But here's a direct link anyway: http://www.homebrewers.com/product/10449/R...e-Beer-Kit.html

The kits seem a bit pricey to me but if they were available here and I was still brewing kits I'd be pretty tempted to grab the brutal bitter one. Pretty nice beer.

[EDIT: inebriated digits]

No hackles mate. Possibly some heckling, no more than that.

While it's possible that clicking the links within the link might lead in the right direction, surely for thread clarity, suggesting that link might be made clearer or more direct is not a bad idea?

Might be my browser (google chrome) but I get nothing on that page that suggests BC so it's only random clicking presumably that will see me get there. When I click a link to brewcraft rogue kits, I presume to see why brewcraft and rogue are mentioned together.

Might be your browser, but it's the second beer on that list. 5 beers, 5 links, number 2 is the BC Rogue beer. It has the pic bum posted. Says Rough Dead Guy $49.99

Unsure if this has been bought up before, surfing the net and chasing some links regarding Rogues Barley Wines and stumbled over this link from the Rogues site. Brewcraft Rogue Kits "Oh my giddy Aunt" nearly chucked up my Imperial Stout.

As a past kit brewer (sic) who has beaten your Barossan AG colleagues in a competition with a kit beer why the 'oh my giddy aunt' response?

Scared i might brew a kit beer better than you brew AG? SABSOSA challenge?

Happy to eat humble pie when it's been baked well and served with cream.

Re-read the page for about the fourth time (with everyone else's kind guidance) and now understand the reference.

Apologies Murcluf.

brewcrafts a chain thats all over the world, doubt you'll find the dead guy kit in your local BC.

from site:

"Rogue Dead Guy Ale Beer Kit Produced by Brewcraft USA"

It's interesting looking at the contents of the kits that the fermentables and hops are separate, so people have got a very clear indication about what the components and their quantities this beer consists of. The two things that I would like to know are (a) how many people will stump up $50 to have a crack at these kits, and (B) if the beer at the end of it is close to the commercial version...

It's interesting looking at the contents of the kits that the fermentables and hops are separate, so people have got a very clear indication about what the components and their quantities this beer consists of. The two things that I would like to know are (a) how many people will stump up $50 to have a crack at these kits, and (B) if the beer at the end of it is close to the commercial version...

I brewed only one BC kit, it was a Leffe Blonde which had some resemblance but far from perfect. It was still quite tasty though. They are expensive kits I must admit.

As a past kit brewer (sic) who has beaten your Barossan AG colleagues in a competition with a kit beer why the 'oh my giddy aunt' response?

Sorry Smurto, you may have got me confused with one of your Brew Adelaide brethren Beer Fingers, I have no issue with "well crafted" kit beer. Which I am well aware of your ability to produce excellent examples of kit beer as I sampled in the past, from memory. :D

SABSOSA Challenge, if you feel the need, name the category and style (prefer something drinkable that we both like i.e English) or you can take your pick from the following, which I have already got entries for: Doppelbock, Imperial Stout, Strong Ale, Rauch Bier.

My "my giddy aunt" response was of positive surprise, but may not of come across as that, I think it fantastic to see craft beers being represented in kit form by the like of brewcraft. Can you imagine the day of the likes of Feral Hop Hog or Murray's Spartacus in Brewcraft Kits, it would be pretty out of this world.

PS. the Imperial Stout I was drinking at the time of my discovery contains 1.5kg of Breiss sparkling amber malt extract. Which added an extra diemension I've found in American Imperial Stouts that I have previously been able to replicate before by using grains alone. ;)

If your going to spend that much on a kit wouldn't you just buy a FWK from your LHBS like G & G? Make much better beer...

If your going to spend that much on a kit wouldn't you just buy a FWK from your LHBS like G & G? Make much better beer...

While the wort quality is better through using a grain rather than malt extract (you would hope! :rolleyes: ), you are still somewhat limited wrt the hopping that is used by the FWK producer. Part of the attraction with extract and AG brewing is having full control over the hopping regime you use, and while you can still do the same tricks to a FWK as you can with a kit can (hop teas and dry hopping), you still have to work around whatever the kit/FWK producer has done with their hop usage. Having said all that, most FWK's make a pretty nice beer, even if the $'s are comparitively steep...

My 2c... :icon_cheers:

Ok guys I'm duckin for cover on this one and will surface again after winter. LMFAO to see where this one leeds.

BYB

(have popcorn and deck chair ready)

Ok guys I'm duckin for cover on this one and will surface again after winter. LMFAO to see where this one leeds.

BYB

(have popcorn and deck chair ready)
Will he emerge with that purple, ahem, "prothesis" that appeared at that QLD case swap?.......Uuuurrrgghh....Hazy memories.......I think that was you BYB?

Latest posts

Back