Wtf! Brewcraft Rogues Kits?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SABSOSA Challenge, if you feel the need, name the category and style (prefer something drinkable that we both like i.e English) or you can take your pick from the following, which I have already got entries for: Doppelbock, Imperial Stout, Strong Ale, Rauch Bier.

Big malty beers are easy for a kit brewer, the rauchbier is nigh on impossible (unless you roast a can of extract over a fire? :D ).

I was thinking beers where kits are more challenging, pilsners for example or a munich dunkel.

My "my giddy aunt" response was of positive surprise, but may not of come across as that.

"Oh my giddy Aunt" nearly chucked up my Imperial Stout.

Highlighted and underlined the contradictory parts of your statements.
If you're going to make me a scapegoat for your backpedaling and submissive posts upon confrontation from another member, make sure you know what you're doing.

"nearly chucked up my Imperial Stout." directly implies sickness or disgust, it does not imply surprise.

Hope that helps

BeerFIngers

Thanks for highlighting my dyslexic typing (should of wrote choked on not chucked up) and the fact i had few Imperials prior to hightlighting a link to something I found interesting. Perhaps I should take the point that unless the post is articulated to perfection and not be disputed by those who posses the highest level of intelligence, then don't click add reply.

Apologies Beer Fingers for my attempt a slighted humour, as it wasn't a personal attack on yourself, but just a reference to the AG vs K&K challenge between yourself and Smurto. It at no stage was an attampt to use you as a scapegoat and by the way I was neither backpedalling nor being submissive. I was just attempting to clarify a statement, which obviously didn't quite make it in your eyes.

While I'm attempting to make my position clear, I have been a kit brewer in the past too, I do believe and am well aware of well crafted kit beers, can and have won competition sections, even to the point of taking out beer of show. I even have firsts with some myself with kit beers in my early days. Personally I don't have the need to try and prove which is a better method of brewing nor would get any real satisfaction in doing so. As their is no doubt everyone has different preferences on what they do, taking into account where they are at and their brewing capabilites are. As once quoted to me in the past "if me and my mates think my beer is great, nothing else really matters". That said I do prefer AG over K&K as it is more suited to my liking and that's where I am at in my brewing journey.

Thanks again for your wonderful helpfulness, your expertise in brewing is well noted.

Highlighted and underlined the contradictory parts of your statements.
If you're going to make me a scapegoat for your backpedaling and submissive posts upon confrontation from another member, make sure you know what you're doing.

"nearly chucked up my Imperial Stout." directly implies sickness or disgust, it does not imply surprise.

Hope that helps

BeerFIngers

Not neccessarily my good man. In this instance I would assume nearly chucking up to mean that he nearly expelled the contents of his mouth, implied by its reference to be an Imperial Stout he was drinking and thus we'd assume he had some of such in his mouth. It also implies to me that it was the shock, independendent of whether it was pleasent or unpleasent, of seeing the commercial beer prostituting itself to kit form that nearly made him rapidly expell his mouthfull of Imperial Stout. Of course being a good home crafted all grain beer he had sense enough not to waste it by expelling it at images of Brewcraft. Everyone knows that faeces is much better for this task.

Thanks for highlighting my dyslexic typing (should of wrote choked on not chucked up) and the fact i had few Imperials prior to hightlighting a link to something I found interesting. Perhaps I should take the point that unless the post is articulated to perfection and not be disputed by those who posses the highest level of intelligence, then don't click add reply.

So, Just so I can understand

You're saying that you're dyslexic and that because you were drinking at the time, you typed "chucked up" but you were actually thinking 'choked on'?
the post wasn't to highlight your thoughts that the BC Rogue Kits would be disgusting\sickening but you were trying to get across that you were surprised in a positive way?
DrSmurto was wrong to reply to you, questioning your aunt giddy comment. Clearly he posses the highest level of intelligence and should know better?
He should have known your post wasn't "articulated to perfection" due to his higher intelligence?

Apologies Beer Fingers for my attempt a slighted humour, as it wasn't a personal attack on yourself, but just a reference to the AG vs K&K challenge between yourself and Smurto. It at no stage was an attampt to use you as a scapegoat and by the way I was neither backpedalling nor being submissive. I was just attempting to clarify a statement, which obviously didn't quite make it in your eyes.

Your "attempt at humour" was to align yourself with DrSmurto, detract from your own comments and use me as something you both have in common RE: Kits and AG.

To put it in perspective: Don't pick on me, i'm on your side, BeerFingers is the one who hates Kits

While I'm attempting to make my position clear, I have been a kit brewer in the past too, I do believe and am well aware of well crafted kit beers, can <SNIP>

This isn't about your Kit beers.

Thanks again for your wonderful helpfulness, your expertise in brewing is well noted.

You're welcome, your biased opinion and personal preferences when it comes to Judging beers has been taken seriously into consideration.

Hope this helps

BeerFingers

Edit: Also duly noted is your inability to cohesively construct a workable Lie\Backpedal that wouldn't arouse the suspicion of 5yo child.

So the question remains, what was wrong with your Imperial stout, infection? That might be the point we should focus on. :lol:

Seems like quite a war around these parts between kit beer-making and actual brewers. Both noble pursuits, marred only by incorrect terminology surrounding the former.

Good stuff ! Internet & piss is a good combination.

So, Just so I can understand

You're saying that you're dyslexic and that because you were drinking at the time, you typed "chucked up" but you were actually thinking 'choked on'?
the post wasn't to highlight your thoughts that the BC Rogue Kits would be disgusting\sickening but you were trying to get across that you were surprised in a positive way?
DrSmurto was wrong to reply to you, questioning your aunt giddy comment. Clearly he posses the highest level of intelligence and should know better?
He should have known your post wasn't "articulated to perfection" due to his higher intelligence?

Your "attempt at humour" was to align yourself with DrSmurto, detract from your own comments and use me as something you both have in common RE: Kits and AG.

To put it in perspective: Don't pick on me, i'm on your side, BeerFingers is the one who hates Kits

This isn't about your Kit beers.

You're welcome, your biased opinion and personal preferences when it comes to Judging beers has been taken seriously into consideration.

Hope this helps

BeerFingers

Edit: Also duly noted is your inability to cohesively construct a workable Lie\Backpedal that wouldn't arouse the suspicion of 5yo child.

:lol: ROFLMAO!!!! this doesn't really deseve a response, but hey ya got to love the sport... At the end of the day your claim to fame is being an annoying little wannabe troll on a homebrewing forum, hiding behind your keyboard take cheap shots at anyone who passes by, woo hoo lucky you :lol: Oh how great it must be to be you, anywho I'm bored with this game and am moving on....

Don't forget Jesus loves YOU!!!

:lol: ROFLMAO!!!! this doesn't really deseve a response,

An emoticon followed by an extended acronym with not 2 but 4 exclamation marks. Then, followed by a comment dismissive of my previous statements?.
Little bit excessive for someone who thinks it doesn't deserve a response don't you think?
Trying a little too hard to pretend as though it's all water off a ducks back?

So to summarise:
you've made a comment about wanting to vomit when seeing a Kit beer on the internet.
Another member commented on why you made such a statement and then confronted you with a challenge.
You then back-flipped, made statements contradictory to your initial comments, tried to align yourself with that member at the same time, tried to point your finger at me.
Now, when I have confronted you for doing that, you have come up with excuses of 'it's not what I meant', 'I'm dyslexic", 'I was drunk'

So now that you've been exposed as a liar, weak and a failure when it comes to judging beers without bias, you have decided to put your fingers in your ears and hum a tune.

Care to dig some more?

anywho I'm bored with this game and am moving on....

No?, didn't think so.

Don't forget Jesus loves YOU!!!

Yeah, but just like everyone else, he thinks you're a dick.

Hope this helps

BeerFingers

As far as I know all of the Barrossa boys who have posted in this topic are good value BeerFingers. I think your baiting has been a bit too pointed. Smurts will vouch for them and if he says otherwise, well take his advice over mine.

Can all you guys just hang in there................. I'll be back soon. I've run outa bloody popcorn......... :(

BYB

Can all you guys just hang in there................. I'll be back soon. I've run outa bloody popcorn......... :(

BYB

Someone post that pick of the Bunyip with the "appendage" hanging out of his shorts after he crashed to tide us over.......

As far as I know all of the Barrossa boys who have posted in this topic are good value BeerFingers. I think your baiting has been a bit too pointed. Smurts will vouch for them and if he says otherwise, well take his advice over mine.

I don't have an issue with the Barrossa boys Malted, as you know, I don't have an issue with most people in the brewing community regardless of what I post online. Most people work it out.

Murcluf invited me into this thread by using me as an attempt to get onside with Smurto after he made a derogatory comment about a kit beer (twice) and he was called out on it.
He backflipped with Smurto and lied to weasel out of it, then finished off with sticking his fingers in his ears and retreating from the thread.
I have never spoken to the guy and we have only ever briefly responded to each others internet posts if at all.

I'm just trying to find out what his issue is, then maybe have a beer.

Also, i'll retract the comment I made where I said everyone thinks he's a dick.
It's not everyone...

BeerFingers

I don't have an issue with the Barrossa boys Malted, as you know, I don't have an issue with most people in the brewing community regardless of what I post online. Most people work it out.

Murcluf invited me into this thread by using me as an attempt to get onside with Smurto after he made a derogatory comment about a kit beer (twice) and he was called out on it.
He backflipped with Smurto and lied to weasel out of it, then finished off with sticking his fingers in his ears and retreating from the thread.
I have never spoken to the guy and we have only ever briefly responded to each others internet posts if at all.

I'm just trying to find out what his issue is, then maybe have a beer.

Also, i'll retract the comment I made where I said everyone thinks he's a dick.
It's not everyone...

BeerFingers

After careful reading, the entire dispute is a construction of your own mind. Murcluf has been pretty polite. Just saying.

After careful reading, the entire dispute is a construction of your own mind. Murcluf has been pretty polite. Just saying.

in relation to my previous post, Murcluf knows what I'm on about.

simpsons_angry_mob.png

Yeah Yeah I smell a BeerFingers roast!

Latest posts

Back