• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTD : 19l kegs (vic)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ozpaleale thanks for the reccomendation mate.

I will drop out of this buy as it dosent seem fair for me to take any .

andytork - 10
Truman - 5
Pat_00 - 10
djar007 - 5
syl - 5
Camo6 - 3
MAX POWER - 5
tateg - 4
Danwood 4
Fortmonty 3
Bridges 4
Grainer 5
Albainian 3
Evo 5
micbrew 3
pedleyr 2
chris@3Sheds - 3
kpaxy444 -----5 pick up cheers

maxim0200 0

Bugger! Ah well, thanks to @andytork for trying :(

Happy to jump in if any deals fall through though :)

Phew.. happy that I got in..where is pickup?

These 60 are good to go, I grabbed my 10 already, there are a couple of definite no-no's. I may be able to salvage a couple from parts (using some bits I have here). Won't get round to looking at this until at least weekend

All of these appear to have good lids, seals look ok, no massive dings etc, rubbers all good. As with all used kegs, a good clean. Usually you expect to buy a new lid seal, I think you probably wont need to with these from the ones I opened.

1 small one with a d/s coupler whatever it is - will take $25 or best offer for this if anyone wants it, could cut it up and use it as a rims or whatever.

note to self #1 : when transporting used kegs in future, ensure lids and valves are closed,
note to self #2 : when stacking used kegs don't turn upside down and get covered in funky juice

The list for 60 I have is :-

Truman 5
Pat_00 10
djar007 5
syl 5
Camo6 3
MAXPOWER 5
tateg 4
Danwood 4
Fortmonty 3
Bridges 4
Grainer 5
Albainian 3
Evo 4 (wanted 5)

PM to Let me know how / when you want to collect / pay and I will return a PM with payment details I am available most evenings from 7pm onwards (sometimes late afternoon)

Thanks

Andy

p.s. my car is now full for the Grain Bulk Buy, At this stage can't bring any more with me

That's the way the cookie crumbles mate, shit happens.

Even if you were keeping all 10 of yours for yourself, it isn't greedy - you're the one who fronted the cash!

Thanks for your efforts. If 4 people drop out, don't forget that I'm next in line :beerbang:

I think I have responded to all PM's now. If anyone has not had a response. Please give me a kick

Here are the 60 in my junk room ! I will never get this place straight!

IMAG0538.jpg

News on the posts :-

I just fitted new posts to one of the kegs, picked these up this afternoon from keg king so I could check. They appear fine. Of course I have not filled / gassed a keg yet

Cost was $5.95 each + $1.95 each for the poppets from memory

Outstanding effort Andy. Your local brewers are a lucky bunch.

Edit. Are the current fittings snap locks?

They are snaplock female (the tap part), but a 3/8" (?) female to attach to the keg. where as by the font would need a 5/8" (like a garden tap size).

So if you left the liquid one you could plug a snaplock tap straight in.

They won't go in a normal font , they would need an adaptor or splitting and changing the back half. Either way would work out the same price or more as a new snaplock or more than the price of new ball QD's.

Sad as it sounds they are probably useless scrap. Unless someone has a source of 3/8"M x 5/8"M stainless fittings (of course you can Rube Goldberg it together)

Just grabbed mine...cheers Andy !

Are they all gone/reserved? Any chance of jumping in on a spare one or two?

toncils said:
Are they all gone/reserved? Any chance of jumping in on a spare one or two?
Think you're well down a long list of emergencies :beer:

Picked up my three tonight. Thanks for your efforts Andy. Sorry I was in a rush, I'd picked the girls up from child care and they were having Peppa Pig withdrawals by the time I got to yours. I also had a couple of bottles set aside but forgot them on my way to work this morning. I think God (or Tom Cruise) punished me for my laziness as halfway home the smell of raspberry vinegar filled the car from one of the kegs that tipped over. At least it wasn't stale beer.

Once again thanks for doing all the ground work and fronting the cash.

Cheers,
Cam.

That's not a problem, was a long day today for me had an early work start and just got home now from learner driver supervision. You are now the 2nd person punished by the keg funk, it got me big time unloading yesterday

Camo6 said:
Picked up my three tonight. Thanks for your efforts Andy. Sorry I was in a rush, I'd picked the girls up from child care and they were having Peppa Pig withdrawals by the time I got to yours. I also had a couple of bottles set aside but forgot them on my way to work this morning. I think God (or Tom Cruise) punished me for my laziness as halfway home the smell of raspberry vinegar filled the car from one of the kegs that tipped over. At least it wasn't stale beer.

Once again thanks for doing all the ground work and fronting the cash.

Cheers,
Cam.
Damn.. That was me in the other vehicle there.. would have loved to have a chat about my build..pretty much narly finished the stand now... just need the swing arm for the control panel..Ill pm you the link

Bugger, sorry Grainer, was that you in the Hilux?. Your brewstand's looking schmick. It'll be a damn fine build when your done. Come to think of it, if I'd had the time to chat I probably would have just sulked! Looking forward to the finished result (kind of!).

It it wasn't so hectic I could have shown you the 90L fully auto electric brew rig in the brewery. My first brew on this rig went into the kegs Monday, 60 litres of velvet stout on nitrogen

IMAG0437.jpg
(poor picture)

And in future if you ever want to TIG anything stainless or mild (with argon) give me a shout all the gear is in the garage . If you are not confident have a friend who is an ex boilermaker who is willing to come down (by appointment) use my gear /gas and weld whatever you want for a few stubbies

I hate you all! Nice rig. I should have come round when the missus wasn't working. Just bought a TIG myself and in the process of sourcing gas, regs and a better mask. Would have them all by now but people keep posting bargains on this damn site!
Appreciate the offer and might take you up on some advice in the future. Nice Bents too. Mulsanne?

Back