• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTBorrow - 32mm Sheet metal punch - Hunter Valley region

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dae Tripper

Reaction score
Hi there, I would like to borrow a 32 sheet metal punch from someone localish, to put a hole in a keg for an element. I live in Singleton NSW and have an award winning Choc Stout on offer for the provider of the equipment.

Yes I could use a hole saw, but that will be my last resort.

Thanks for looking!

I'm in Victoria and don't have a punch, can't help ya mate.

Thanks for the hole saw offer Ronald!

Ummm... Thanks Benn

Might use my hole saw tomorrow after nightshift tonight.

Step drills are awesome for this also... if you can find one big enough.
self centering, auto deburing.

n87 said:
Step drills are awesome for this also... if you can find one big enough.
self centering, auto deburing.
But fucked at the end of the hole...
Well I found anyways and that was the 50 job from bunnings not the cheap one....

Digga said:
But fucked at the end of the hole...
Well I found anyways and that was the 50 job from bunnings not the cheap one....
I got a set of the cheap ones, and they are great. just need to keep them lubed and predrill.
ive never used them for a max size hole.

All hole making devices are great BUT you have to know how to use them properly. Far too often I see and hear people complain thay hole saws and step bits dont last or damage the work piece.

The key is speed and lubrication,

Faster is not better. Just because your drill can go at 10,000 rpm does not mean it should be used at that speed.

Give those sharp teeth something to help them cut without digging in and grabbing. Engine oil will do in a pinch.

Sorry for the hijack.

Old man always told me that step drills are meant to be used at HI SPEED!!
I didn't really think that was the case... Anyways the hole that I needed was at the biggest increment. I had to file the edges off as it was screwing the thread and then it was too big. :(
Didn't even think of a hole saw! I have to get a bigger tap/ball valve.
Wish I paid more attention in metal work and knew how to use each bit of machinery I own.

Digga said:
Old man always told me that step drills are meant to be used at HI SPEED!!
I didn't really think that was the case... Anyways the hole that I needed was at the biggest increment. I had to file the edges off as it was screwing the thread and then it was too big. :(
Didn't even think of a hole saw! I have to get a bigger tap/ball valve.
Wish I paid more attention in metal work and knew how to use each bit of machinery I own.
can u just add a stainless washer and nylon washer to it

Latest posts

Back