• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB Male Hop Rhizome

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

of mice and gods

Reaction score
G'day everyone,

I'm interested in doing some breeding trials with some of different varieties I have going here in Brisbane. Ideally, this is an experiment to find something that grows and flowers particularly well in our part of the world (also looking for increased resistance to red spider mite).

Does anyone out there have a healthy known variety male plant they could split me a rhizome off? If not, then unknown variety may suffice. I'd be willing to pay for the rhizome + postage.

Cheers,
Al

There is a guy who sells seeds on ebay.. you are likely to get some males out of that.. I dunno anyone who deliberately grows males.

>LINKY<

Try contacting HPA or somone like that, they might be able to steer you in a known direction.

Cheers for the pointer Yob. I had thought about starting from seed, but hoping to skip a generation if someone has a male :) However, I'll get hold of this ebay seller to see if he's aware of the variety. Hoping it's not Aurea!

Also, while looking through his store I found something else which I've been searching for, so thank you again! Here was me thinking you couldn't get Prunus mume in Australia...

Back