• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For Sale: Hop Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murcluf

The Mystical Meerkat
Reaction score
Its with a heavy heart that Ive decided to dig up my hop plants to make way for a new chicken run and vege patch. Thanks to skyrocketing food prices, got to try and save money somewhere. Leaving me no room in my back yard to grow hops. Thankfully I blessed with a freezer full of home grown hops, enough to last me several years.

Varieties I have available are as follows:

Hersbrucker:
Noble hop used in German pale lagers. Substitutes: Hallertau, Mount Hood, Liberty, Spalt

Tettnang:
Noble German dual use hop used in European pale lagers and wheat beers, sometimes with Hallertau. Comes from Tettnang, a small town in southern Baden-Wrttemberg in Germany. The region produces significant quantities of hops, and ships them to breweries throughout the world. Substitutes: Saaz, Crystal.

Cluster:
Originated from mass selection of the Cluster hop, which is an old American cultivar. It is suggested that they arose from hybridization of varieties, imported by Dutch and English settlers and indigenous male hops. Also known as Golden Cluster, used as the sole bittering hop in the iconic Queensland, Australia beer XXXX Gold and XXXX Bitter. Can give a black currant aroma/flavor. Substitutes: Brewer's Gold.

Mount Hood:
Soft American variety developed from Hallertau. Frequently used in styles that require only a subtle hop aroma (German/American lagers). Named for Mount Hood in Oregon. Substitutes: Liberty, Hallertau, Crystal.

Tardif de Bourgogne:
French hop, used as an aromatic in continental lagers.

Asking price is $10 each
Payment via EFT
Postage price is as follows
Express Post 500g satchel $8.80
Express Post 3kg satchel $12.00

local pick up available from Gawler and Adelaide Airport

Will not post to either WA or TAS due to quarantine issues

If you are interested PM me your order.

Cheers

Wayne

It's with a heavy heart that I've decided to dig up my hop plants to make way for a new chicken run and vege patch. Thanks to skyrocketing food prices, got to try and save money somewhere. Leaving me no room in my back yard to grow hops. Thankfully I blessed with a freezer full of home grown hops, enough to last me several years.
Varieties I have available are as follows:
Hersbrucker:
Noble hop used in German pale lagers. Substitutes: Hallertau, Mount Hood, Liberty, Spalt
Tettnang:
Noble German dual use hop used in European pale lagers and wheat beers, sometimes with Hallertau. Comes from Tettnang, a small town in southern Baden-Wrttemberg in Germany. The region produces significant quantities of hops, and ships them to breweries throughout the world. Substitutes: Saaz, Crystal.
Cluster:
Originated from mass selection of the Cluster hop, which is an old American cultivar. It is suggested that they arose from hybridization of varieties, imported by Dutch and English settlers and indigenous male hops. Also known as Golden Cluster, used as the sole bittering hop in the iconic Queensland, Australia beer XXXX Gold and XXXX Bitter. Can give a black currant aroma/flavor. Substitutes: Brewer's Gold.
Mount Hood:
Soft American variety developed from Hallertau. Frequently used in styles that require only a subtle hop aroma (German/American lagers). Named for Mount Hood in Oregon. Substitutes: Liberty, Hallertau, Crystal.
Tardif de Bourgogne:
French hop, used as an aromatic in continental lagers.
Asking price is $10 each
Payment via EFT
Postage price is as follows
Express Post 500g satchel $8.80
Express Post 3kg satchel $12.00
local pick up available from Gawler and Adelaide Airport
Will not post to either WA or TAS due to quarantine issues
If you are interested PM me your order.
Cheers
Wayne
By all means if you are hard up for cash and space, dig them up, divide them and sell them. But to get rid of them, my goodness man, that is sheer madness! Madness I tell you!!

Ok I can see that you think you will need the space for a garden bed, but you can grow vegies in the lower levels. I don't buy your theory.
They will make good shade over your chicken run during the summer and any trimings can be fed to the chooks, they will even trim the shoots for you. I believe this is how it goes at Dr Smurto's.
If you are worried about them spreading put them in pots.
So you reckon you're good for a couple of years but what then, it'll take you a couple of years to get back up to those sorts of growth levels. How about you sell the fresh flowers?

Just saying, sell them by all means, just don't sell them all.

The Tettnang are all spoken for at this moment I'll PM those who have ordered later today with details

been doing some reading but wondering do you put the rhisomes in the fermenter and when
c

dry hopping with a rhizome could be interesting......

i see you use the leaves in some sort of boil and the rhisome is like the roots.

You need to get a more productive pastime. Trolling doesn't suit you at all.

You plant the rhizomes and when it grows you get hop flowers if all works out well...you boil the flowers... That's a very short explanation...

Latest posts

Back