• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB: LPG Burner & Regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ_L3ThAL

Such rapp, very bass
Reaction score
Thought I'd check to see if anyone has one they'd like to sell before buying a new one.

Am in market for an LPG burner with regulator, preferably with a stand although not critical.

I was looking at the keg king versus a 4-ring from auscrown but keg king arent selling theirs anymore so alsonlooked at the megajet campfire. I'm probably leaning more towards the 4 ring with a stand and standard regulator.

Only doing single batches or up to 40L pre boil but would like to eventually go bigger.

So, anyone got something to sell?

Prefer no postage so melbourne please. All suburbs.

Hey mate,

Was at a commerical kitchen place that had italian spiral burners for around $90-100 if you're still after a LPG burner? Don't think the reg was inlcuded though.

Putrino said:
I use one of these for my 50L vessels and it works a gem. Pretty good regulation on flow rate and oxygen flow. Only $60.
Is that with the regulator supplied?
Sounds like a good option for my 50L biab keg...

Cheers, Matt.

I heard winequip have Italian spirals (and regulators) cheaper than anywhere else...

Whats the control on italian spirals like? Do they handle well for small applications/single batches or only suitable for 50L+ ?

I was wondering through Footscray on the weekend and a few of the chinese grocers are selling burners of all shapes and sizes +/- stands. Most seemed pretty cheap too. Might be worth a look if you're not too far from there. Good excuse for some Vietnamese food too.

I like my HP 4 ring due to it's versatility.

3 rings on, largest one off, gets a good boil on 60ish L. It's mounted in a car rim welded into my frame. It makes a very good windbreak/heat focuser.

It's a good burner to grow into as your kettle sizes increase, which they inevitably will.

JDW81 said:
I was wondering through Footscray on the weekend and a few of the chinese grocers are selling burners of all shapes and sizes +/- stands. Most seemed pretty cheap too. Might be worth a look if you're not too far from there. Good excuse for some Vietnamese food too.
Checked those the other week when getting a pork roll and they are more expensive than auscrown.

That gumtree guy dodged around my AGA compliance query so guessing it isn't. Think the 4 ring with a piezo ignitor, stand and reg shipped for $212.14 is a reasonable deal from Auscrown for guaranteed quality burner.

Now the big Q has become, is a 3 ring enough as it seems it can boil my keggle at its max pre-boil volume.
Or am I just kidding myself and will inevitably end up with a larger pot than my keggle?!?

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Whats the control on italian spirals like? Do they handle well for small applications/single batches or only suitable for 50L+ ?
Really good. The control valve is just a normal needle valve but the burner seems to produce absolutely no soot even when turned all the way down. My regulator is only a mp adjustable that goes nowhere near those red adjustable regs but at its highest setting it manages a nice blue flame from even the most throttled burner valve setting.

From my few experiences seeing a ring burner work almost everyone had cakes of carbon on the bottom of their kettles.

They can be sooty, yes.

So long as the air restrictors are wound right out and there's enough space for adequate air flow around the burner, they work well.

To achieve this, I've cut out most of the inside of the wheel rim, leaving just enough to support the burner.

Danwood said:
They can be sooty, yes.

So long as the air restrictors are wound right out and there's enough space for adequate air flow around the burner.
Agreed. The soot / carbon cake can be avoided by adequate airflow. I'm sure atmospheric pressure plays a role on the air flow too, as I've had days where there's been soot deposits when I've changed nothing on the rig.

The 4 ring ive been borrowing has no soot issues at all?

James Shields can do an approved 4 ring and reg with stand for $171.75... dont think I can argue any longer!!!

practicalfool said:
Really good. The control valve is just a normal needle valve but the burner seems to produce absolutely no soot even when turned all the way down. My regulator is only a mp adjustable that goes nowhere near those red adjustable regs but at its highest setting it manages a nice blue flame from even the most throttled burner valve setting.

From my few experiences seeing a ring burner work almost everyone had cakes of carbon on the bottom of their kettles.
Stop it!!! Haha now I cant decide, as I think italian spirals are $160ish with a LP regulator which for the moment is all I need for my keggle.

Do you have dimensions of the stand within the wind shield? Not sure if my keggle along with the heat shroud would fit within the wind shield. Secondary concern as I brew in my garage but gusty days it could affect flame performance so shield is a nice to have!

I've got a 4 ring cast iron burner with regulator that I no longer need (moved to an electric set up). It has a stand too. I've been thinking about selling it for a while now.

I bought it at G&G a couple of years ago. It is in good condition other than a bit of rust on the surface. I will PM you a couple of pics tonight. I'm in Footscray by the way.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Stop it!!! Haha now I cant decide, as I think italian spirals are $160ish with a LP regulator which for the moment is all I need for my keggle.
Do you have dimensions of the stand within the wind shield? Not sure if my keggle along with the heat shroud would fit within the wind shield. Secondary concern as I brew in my garage but gusty days it could affect flame performance so shield is a nice to have!
I thought spirals were used exclusively with HP regs ? Maybe not....

It should be pointed out that ring burners aren't designed for anything other than LP regs.

You shouldn't let others sway your decision. If you aren't happy with going against manufacturers specs, go spiral.

I've had no issues, but you should have all the info, good and (potentially) bad.

Back