• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB: Keg King Element

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 Star Distilling's stick element was made as a direct replacement for the Keg King units
As said above, you'll just need to have it wired by a sparky and get an enclosure for it

sp0rk said:
5 Star Distilling's stick element was made as a direct replacement for the Keg King units
As said above, you'll just need to have it wired by a sparky and get an enclosure for it
That's interesting... I saw them on the website and assumed they were the KK, so scooted straight past. Good to know...

My 5star stick elements are without fault several brews in. Mind you, my early KK element heated my HLT for atleast 40 batches without fail. Though I refused to hand it on after upgrading.

Camo6 said:
My 5star stick elements are without fault several brews in. Mind you, my early KK element heated my HLT for atleast 40 batches without fail. Though I refused to hand it on after upgrading.
Hey Camo - I'm looking to use two 5 star elements, one in a herms and one in a HLT.

How did you go mounting yours in your pots. I've had a look at your gallery but cant see any pics - did you use weldless w/housings?

If you (or anyone else) did - do you ignore the curvature of the pot and just screw tight (noting it has a silicon seal between the housing and pot)?

How much of the white element wiring did you leave - just curl it all up in the housing or cut shorter?

Thanks

LAGERFRENZY said:
LAGERFRENZY, on 03 Apr 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

picking up a Grandfather this arvo
Pretty safe to use I'm sure but no further comment from me.
You get what you pay for.

Good luck with it. :beer:

Ha ha - just turned off this Auto Spelling feature TidalPete. Both my grandpappies carked it in the 1950's and 60's so yeah they would not be much chop to me now. Hoping that a Grainfather gives me my mojo back to just enjoy brewing again. My life is as complicated and and conflicted as it is without my favourite hobbies turning pear shaped.

Hey Lagerfrenzy, I'll try and post some pics or a link to a thread I think they're in but pretty much as you mentioned. Weldless stick elements with the SS housings. Silicone seal on inside, seals well in a 90l pot but it's pretty thin stainless. The HEX element is mounted vertically and was a bit more stuffing around as the larger hole was sized for a kettle element so had to use a large SS washer which left sweet FA thread exposed for the nut.
Left the tails at full length and terminated with BP connectors and it all tucked in neatly.

The black rubber seal for the outside is rubbish. Only need the silicone one for the inside. Ignore the curvature of the outside and just tighten. No leaking issues here. Very happy with my 5 star element and will likely buy another. Wanted to get a pre-wired version that's cheaper for my HLT, but looks like I'll be getting another 5 star when they're available.

Mr B said:
Hey Camo - I'm looking to use two 5 star elements, one in a herms and one in a HLT.

How did you go mounting yours in your pots. I've had a look at your gallery but cant see any pics - did you use weldless w/housings?

If you (or anyone else) did - do you ignore the curvature of the pot and just screw tight (noting it has a silicon seal between the housing and pot)?

How much of the white element wiring did you leave - just curl it all up in the housing or cut shorter?

Thanks
Ooops. Misquoted above but here's a link to pics of the HEX element mounted vertically, Mr B. I've left the gland out in case of leakage. Cheers

So despite everything pointed towards not buying a king King element I bought one.

Things crap every time u tried turning it on it tripped the safety switch.

take it back saying it trips out the safety switch

Back