• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb: Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on how adept you are with tools etc and how much you value your time. I was planning to build my own hopper (plenty of ideas on the net, just google!) but when i saw the MM Hopper and the price, i decided this was a simpler plan of action.

As for the mill itself, i have the basci MM2 and it seams fine. Can't see why you would need the higher spec items unless you were milling grain day in day out. For the home brewer it seems more than adequate.

Cheers SJ

Hopper - Is it worth the USD30 + postage? Or can you easily make one, or is it not worth the stuffing around?

Depending on how adept you are with tools etc and how much you value your time. I was planning to build my own hopper (plenty of ideas on the net, just google!) but when i saw the MM Hopper and the price, i decided this was a simpler plan of action.
As for the mill itself, i have the basci MM2 and it seams fine. Can't see why you would need the higher spec items unless you were milling grain day in day out. For the home brewer it seems more than adequate.
Cheers SJ

Hindsight is 20:20.

while i had fun building my shonky hopper (ikea bin, drilled out atop of some MDF with a slot cutout) and gave myself an excuse to buy some tools to have at my disposal i wish i had got the hopper and base on the bulk buy. It looks like a serious bit of kit although my storage space is quite limited and i like now my current hopper has the same footprint as the bucket i use to mill in.

Out of interest Supra-Jim. What was the price for the hopper landed?

Landed i think the hopper and the base set me back $60 (and 5mins assembly time).

One small comment about the hopper and the hand crank (i didn't order a crank), is that the crank fouls slightly on the hopper (only just scratches the side of the hopper, easily solved by bending a step in the handle). I think Monster are looking into this.

Cheers SJ

Pete is that $270 with crank handle, base and hopper?...

Nope, just the mill. Of course I didn't need a handle, (motorised it straight away), Base (mounted it on a table), and the hopper was $15 extra.

One problem i find with e MM3-2.0 is that when the hopper and everything is assembled, there is no way of using the feeler gages to change the gap size, you have to take the hopper off, as you need to set the gap between the moving roller and the bottom roller. However, once it set up, it's good to go.

I have had it not grab the grain once or twice. Ive had to empty the hopper, and then put in a little grain, till it took, and then pour the grain back in. And, once it's going, it really chews through the grain!

Latest posts

Back