• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb: Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People don't seem to upgrade mills, you either have a cheap one till it breaks, or a good one that lasts a lifetime and you have no reason to sell on.

Any particular type of mill you're after? have you looked into new ones?

People don't seem to upgrade mills, you either have a cheap one till it breaks, or a good one that lasts a lifetime and you have no reason to sell on.

Any particular type of mill you're after? have you looked into new ones?

From what I have read you are probably right, they dont sound like they break easily. I dont need an exspensive one. Just something that is reliable. I have looked into the price of knew ones. But I am new to A/G so I dont want to spend too much. But I have just bought a couple of 25kg bags to save money....so I need one!
Thanks for the reply.

From what I have read you are probably right, they dont sound like they break easily. I dont need an exspensive one. Just something that is reliable. I have looked into the price of knew ones. But I am new to A/G so I dont want to spend too much. But I have just bought a couple of 25kg bags to save money....so I need one!
Thanks for the reply.

monstermill... I say no more. ;) Buy up with another brewer so you can split costs on shipping from the states.

I think I'm in the same boat as you, I was going to try and "borrow"/vist for my first bit of grain and then if it seems like a good option look at buying one, the following seems to have good reviews.

http://www.monsterbrewinghardware.com/

+1 on the monster mill, cheap and very effective (even cheaper if you combine postage with someone).

Cheers SJ

(no affiliation, just a happy customer!)

Buy up with another brewer so you can split costs on shipping from the states.

I looked at that yesterday and it seemed to be 45 for shipping for 1 unit or 100.

mxd, i think that is what the website says. however if you email them, two standard mills can be sent combined postage and it works out cheaper.

Have a flick through the bulk buy section and read the threads regarding the MMill bulk buys. I think one of the guys from Monster has an account on here to. From what i gathered (i didn't organise the BB) communication from Monster was pretty good. Plus i think they've had a few big purchases recently from AHB members, so i'm sure they help you out.

I'm in glen waverley if you want to swing by and check one out.

Cheers SJ

I ordered a MM-3 with 1/2 inch drive shaft last Monday 18/01 and have just recieved notification that it is at the post office waiting to be picked up.

Great service.

No affiliation

I put a post at the end of the last MM2 bulk buy and said 'I missed this, is anyone else interested' didnt get any replies. Yesterday i sent a PM to dane to request if i can post a thread to see how many more people are interested. no reply yet. I just thought I would try my luck and see if anyone has second hand mill.

I put a post at the end of the last MM2 bulk buy and said 'I missed this, is anyone else interested' didnt get any replies. Yesterday i sent a PM to dane to request if i can post a thread to see how many more people are interested. no reply yet. I just thought I would try my luck and see if anyone has second hand mill.

I would be interested.

I'm in glen waverley if you want to swing by and check one out.

Cheers SJ

thanks that would be great, if I haven't got one by the time I get my grain could I check it out and do a crush of my gain :)

thanks
Matt

Bring along a stubbie and no worries at all!

Cheers SJ

I think I could be persuaded to get a MM-2 at US$109 ...

I ordered a MM-3 with 1/2 inch drive shaft last Monday 18/01 and have just recieved notification that it is at the post office waiting to be picked up.

Great service.

No affiliation

Man you are gunna cream your pants. I LOVE mine. Especially now I have the MM hopper too! (Thank LRB!) Powering mine with a drill currently but I've got all the parts to motorise it (except for the motivation) I went the MM3-SS-2.0 and its a fricken weapon.

I think I did the sums for someone a little while ago and worked out you could land an MM2 standard with hopper and crank handle for about $220 AUD. Pretty good value IMO for such an awesome mill.

From the Kitchenaid thread
SNIP :

Edit : $189 AUD for a mill that "might" do the job Vs $183 USD inc. shipping for mill, base, hopper and crank handle that you know will do the job going in at 85c to the US$ = $216 landed for a mill you know will work... for $27 is it worth the risk?

If it were me Id get the mill and the hopper. Crank handle if you dont have a way to spin it (ie decent drill or motor setup)
I dont know that I would bother with the base as its only a piece of MDF from what I could tell - but LRB or the other guys who bought the base in the accessory bulk buy might have better information for you

Latest posts

Back