• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user3673

Reaction score
After posting that my corona mill was quite ok to crack grains on here a couple of weeks ago, and forgetting to touch wood, it decided to self destruct last weekend so I am in need of a new grain mill.

Just wondered if anybody has a mill they want to offload for a price?

No, if i spend any more on mills it's going to be a roller.

Seriously considering the mill master, it looks to be a great bit of kit, but the cost is big upfront and hard to get past the minister.

What about a marga? With a little adjustment they are a great mill. Mine goes great.

Cheers Brad

I got the monster mill from the USA
The rate was abit better then, by memmory it was under $200 to my door possibly around $180

Its great and does an awesome job just driven by my drill

Good luck in finding a mill

kleiny

I looked at crankandstein and the mills now with the AUD in the toilet are the same as a mill master.

What are your skills like in the shed?

PM Tony as he has some info on his home made roller mill.

I think Clean Brewer also made a similar one recently.

I am hoping to go down this path one day!

my skills is the shed are good, I don't have access to the needed equipment such as lathes etc though

You say your Corona self destructed. Is it simply the pin holding the wheel in? Would be an easy fix with a new one. Seems a shame considering you didn't mind it to start with.

I'm all for trading up, but is it really a lost cause - totally unsalvageable? Or did a major part crack and break away? Interested because wouldn't want it to happen to mine.

Hopper.

I have a different one to what most people use it is actually the porkert universal mill, like this one

7130grainmills.jpg

which is a bit different to the others in that it has a stationary plate that has a hole in it which just sits there, what is happening is that now all the parts have worn a bit it is allowing grain bits in behind the plate which is then pushing the plate out on one side so the plates are skewed against each other making flour on one side and whole grains on the other. When set really fine it works as the pressure is sufficient to hold it back but it just produces flour.

This may be the reason that i have always had to adjust the setting everytime i cracked.

Now one side of the back plate is partially bare

Back