• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb Cheap Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that I have some more time for brewing, I was about to buy a stack (or should that be sack) of grain today and a cheap mill, G&G are just too far to drive for each new batch of beer, so it would be nice to be able to buy in bulk and crush it fresh.

However, the Ebay guy selling the 'Cereal Mill Grinder No. 500' AKA 'Carona Mill' has sold out of stock. :blink:
His were about $50 and I'm not sure there is anything else available even close to that price.

So I'm stuck looking for an adequate mill that won't cost too much, it probably wont be used that frequently so a hand mill or the like is fine, unfortunately a new roller mill does not fit within the budget.
Hopefully someone can help me find one here or online - because its either that or a fun weekend of 'housewares' shopping with SHMBO in an attempt to find one.

If anyone knows where I can buy a cheap mill suitable for AG, has a mill for sale, or wants to sell one of their old ones, please let me know.

Thanks
Wolfy,
I have a Marga Mill in a box out the brew shed if you are interested.
Cost me $50 of CM2 a while ago but I ended up with a different motor driven mill and never used it.
It is a hand driven mill with two rollers.
Let me know either way if you are interested or not.
:icon_cheers: Reg

The job you've done with the lathe looks rather nice, but without one I'd be stuck trying to get a 1/2 decent finish with a drill-bit or similar, and I can't imagine it working anywhere near as good.
Let me know either way if you are interested or not.
Very, sounds ideal for what I need, thankyou!
I'll even drive out to the western suburbs to pick it up if I have to. ;)

Thanks,
Wolfy

not wanting to cut reg out of a deal , but grain and grape had a single roller phils mill there for sale at a reduced price a week or so ago might be worth a look for ya ... dont know what the cost was and dont know if its even still there

The job you've done with the lathe looks rather nice, but without one I'd be stuck trying to get a 1/2 decent finish with a drill-bit or similar, and I can't imagine it working anywhere near as good.

Very, sounds ideal for what I need, thankyou!
I'll even drive out to the western suburbs to pick it up if I have to. ;)

Thanks,
Wolfy

I'll put it out there that if anyone has a pasta mill & wants to get the rollers nurled, just PM me for an address & send just the rollers to me with return paid post and a bottle of your finest. I may not be the best or fastest machinest, but dam I'm cheap. :beer:

Well, looks like you might be sorted with your mill Wolfy, so...
I'm looking at ordering a basic Crankenstein sometime soon.

Anyone in Melbourne's SE subs looking at one too?

Postage is the same price for 1 2 or 3.

I can deliver from Hampton to Mt Eliza including Dandenong
(gives you a decent idea where I drive every day)

If you're nearby but outside that triangle - you'll need to ply me with a brew :icon_cheers:

So anybody wanna pm me to save postage?

Latest posts

Back