• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb 345ml James Squire Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusty

Reaction score
Trying to get my hands on as many 345ml Malt Shovel brown crown top bottles that are used by James Squire.
Anyone know where I can get a hold of any?
I'm chasing 150+ bottles.

Crusty

Got them here in Newcastle if you want them Crusty (free of charge)

Cliff

Got them here in Newcastle if you want them Crusty (free of charge)

Cliff

Thanks Cliff,

Just want to make sure they are definately the slightly tapered ones with the malt shovel branded logo accross the bottom of the neck. I have found these the best for pouring.
How many do you have?
Any chance of getting a price for delivery to Yamba, NSW, 2464. A bit too far to get them.

Cheers,
Crusty

I agree crusty they are great little bottles. I'm slowly trying to accumulate some for bottling some strong beers. I have a carton so far but I paid $50+ dollars for mine :p

Cheers

I agree crusty they are great little bottles. I'm slowly trying to accumulate some for bottling some strong beers. I have a carton so far but I paid $50+ dollars for mine :p

Cheers

:eek: I hope Cliff's not reading this. 24@ $50.00, 150+ bottles $$$ :eek:

I have found that any other bottles with the slight hump at the end of the neck tend to get that little annoying airlock in the neck which causes the first bit of the pour to gurgle & you have to be way too careful.
These Malt Shovel ones are great.
Very narrow taper.
Even when highly intoxicated I still manage a perfect pour, or I may be too sloshed to realise what's going on.

I agree, they are nice bottles. I've been trying to get my bottle collection down to JS bottles and euro 500ml bottles and coopers longnecks. I dont buy enough beer though so i just use what I have.

I have found that any other bottles with the slight hump at the end of the neck tend to get that little annoying airlock in the neck which causes the first bit of the pour to gurgle & you have to be way too careful.
Very narrow taper.
Even when highly intoxicated I still manage a perfect pour, or I may be too sloshed to realise what's going on.

I think he's talking about full bottles, is there a recycling depot near your place they might have some on the cheap, or failing that a pub that serves JS from the bottle?

Very narrow taper.

His probably came full of beer. LOL.

About 3 weeks ago threw out 200+ of these... Would have preferred donate them. Sorry mate

About 3 weeks ago threw out 200+ of these... Would have preferred donate them. Sorry mate

Bugger,
Bad timing again. Thanks anyway.
I'm up in Brisbane ATM staying with Rellos in Wavell Heights.
Anyone wanting to get rid of any Malt Shovel 345ml crown seal bottles please let me know.
Gladly take them off your hands.

Bugger,
Bad timing again. Thanks anyway.
I'm up in Brisbane ATM staying with Rellos in Wavell Heights.
Anyone wanting to get rid of any Malt Shovel 345ml crown seal bottles please let me know.
Gladly take them off your hands.

If you can get up to the sunny coast I got quite a few, probably on the order of 200 plus, still counting, it's 24/box right? LOL

I'll PM you my address and all.....

If you can get up to the sunny coast I got quite a few, probably on the order of 200 plus, still counting, it's 24/box right? LOL

I'll PM you my address and all.....

PM sent TJ.

I'll take them all off your hands mate.
Got SWAMBO & the kids with me, this should be an interesting day out.

:angry: Not happy Jan. I can hear her already.

I didn't make it to Thomas's place today, trying to organise courier.
If anyone in Brisbane wants to offload some I'll take them off your hands. Going back home on Wednesday.

Cheers,
Crusty

Latest posts

Back