Worst Comerical Beer You Had

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iron Jack, had one stubby and didn't know if I;d just drunk lightly coloured water no taste what so ever, Great Northern is another I reckon ice cold camel piss would taste better.

...I think it was "the great beer-strike of '78" here in the home of XXXX.... the highway south musta bin end-to-end semi's of cartoned beer! It came from everywhere.. brands I'd never heard of.. but the worst, undrinkable, was "Southwark" -from SA I think it was.

...the drop I found least offensive in those dire times was "KB", in a lil' keg-shaped stubbie.

That was back when each pub only sold one brand, and you could still smell a public bar three blocks away.... literally finding a pub by "following your nose" :p
I remember that time well, got to the stage where they had a buy one get one free just to get rid of the shit, I think I had one mouthful of Southwark then tipped the rest out, spent the rest of the day licking my bum to get the taste out of my mouth.

I;d just drunk lightly coloured water no taste what so ever
If something having no taste is the worse commercial beer you've ever had, then I reckon the new Corona (Corona Light), or just Corona in general is the worst I have tried.
Great Northern actually has a taste compared to that Mexican tap water.

Not sure what commercial beer has made me actually retch, but I am sure I few have tasted worse than the 'lite' tasting beers above!

Most recent shocker was Aldi's "North of Nowhere Pale Ale". Thin, nothing, with an odd taste. A mate had bought it and was complaining as well, so I made up some hop tea and hop bombed the bottles. At least it smelt good after that.

ALN1075_BEER_CIDER_UPDATE_PD_388x314_7 (1).jpg

Most recent shocker was Aldi's "North of Nowhere Pale Ale". Thin, nothing, with an odd taste. A mate had bought it and was complaining as well, so I made up some hop tea and hop bombed the bottles. At least it smelt good after that.
I've got that too. Only made it through 2/12 bottles :/

View attachment 113614
You guys beat me to it, I was thinking of giving it to someone I don't like then thought I cannot dislike someone that much.
I actually brought it as I read the fine print and saw that it had Pacific Jade and Dr Rudi hops in it and thought this would be somewhat tropical.
Yuck.

currently Iron jack, they offer it at qantas club in karratha when im flying home from work, i wont even drink it when its free....

does anyone remember when carlton cold brought out a beer that had a shot of vodka in it. i think it was called cold shots or something....even as a 16yo i couldnt enjoy that low effort for a beer.

View attachment 113614
Yes, bought a pack too. Drunk only one in a session .. with extra lemon to mask the ordinary lemon flavour.

Another one that stupidly bought this beer, ended up either drinking it when I was well pissed and didn’t care or gave it to ppl that like shit beer

I brought two dozen unfortunately , drank one pack mixing it with some home brew, others waiting for some one to come over who'll drink anything. Very shit beer

Wow, thread is over 10 years old...

Stella Artois
Labatt Blue
Coors Lite

My worst 2 beers were a Grolsch and a James Squire Pale Ale, Grolsch literally made me vomit after a mouthful, idk why, maybe it had been kept behind the fridge for a few years, same with the James Squire PA, i didn't vomit but it definitely didn't go down smooth.

They both might be good beers but they most definitely failed their first impressions.

Wow, thread is over 10 years old...

Stella Artois
Labatt Blue
Coors Lite

That's why forums shite over the now more popular Fecebook groups. Try digging up a useful Facebook group post that you remembered from last week.......

Happy to see so many taste buds align on that Aldi beer

Iron jack and great northern are up there. But extra dry is the worst beer out there. It’s like drinking sand.

Db bitter in NZ then lion brown followed in Australia by xxxx and vb - all varying levels of crap beer

Back