Worst Animal Cruelty

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am. And even if PETA's push to have fish re named 'sea kittens' ever comes to fruition, I guess I'll be ordering sea kitten and chips from the local greasy spoon joint, no problem.

I'm also comfortable wearing the clothing that was produced in some shithole sweatshop in Mumbai or Thailand because I know that if I boycott buying T shirts and thongs from that part of the planet, they'll shut down the factory and the woman who was supporting her family on the $1.60 AUD a day she earns will have to make other arrangements.
I did choose a fish at a restaurant in portugal once, cos it spasm'd in the display case. Surely that was the freshest there.

Still, a mate showed me the fish cooked alive vid last week and it shocked me. Poor little buggers.

Then again. like Dave, I'm guilty of being a 1st world citizen, who can enjoy a great exchange rate in thailand.... mmm, fresh grilled fish.

I did choose a fish at a restaurant in portugal once, cos it spasm'd in the display case. Surely that was the freshest there.

Still, a mate showed me the fish cooked alive vid last week and it shocked me. Poor little buggers.

Then again. like Dave, I'm guilty of being a 1st world citizen, who can enjoy a great exchange rate in thailand.... mmm, fresh grilled fish.

I always remember as a kiddie, my old man dropping the previous nights harvest of mud crab into giant pots of salted boiling water.
I guess because the crabs were ugly and rejected my efforts to make friend's by snapping at me with their brutal claws, I was indifferent to the fact they were being boiled alive.
These days he pops them in the freezer for a few hours or pokes a filleting knife between the eye's before giving them a bath. Who says an old Reschers drinker can't learn new tricks.

But never feel guilty about you 1st world status dude, without us there even wouldn't be a 3rd anything.

Don't give yourself too much credit, there are greedier bastards everywhere you can look.

I agree with that, but it's sort of subjective as well. I don't really have any issues with boiling lobsters alive for example.

i love meat, Silo rants, and Silo wants to save the world from barbaric human beings. Give IT UP, this topic has been done before here.
I see no reason why Aussie or Orstralians as you would call us should bother with your non compice superflous rubbish statements.

If you dont like fricking eating in THIS country.... STARVE.. PISS OFF and good riddance to you. In the meantime let others have a say about what happens off shore credibly.

i love meat, Silo rants, and Silo wants to save the world from barbaric human beings. Give IT UP, this topic has been done before here.
I see no reason why Aussie or Orstralians as you would call us should bother with your non compice superflous rubbish statements.

If you dont like fricking eating in THIS country.... STARVE.. PISS OFF and good riddance to you. In the meantime let others have a say about what happens off shore credibly.

I would prefer you posted links to whatever the site is that you peddle than the drivel you have posted above. What a waste of time and resources.
If you are not interested in an open discussion on a topic that " has been done before " then don't open, read and comment on it!

Cheers
Chris

and what a waste of your time Chris the nonchalant tasmanian humphead.

Silo wants to save the world from barbaric human beings.

Perhaps you should re-read. Everyone else got it. I love meat too. And don't have any bleeding heart issues with animal slaughter. 'Humane" methods is just bullshit, that was my point. We exploit animals for food, we put them under bad conditions and we kill them. And we get bacon ! To say one form of slaughter is less humane is bollocks.

If someone has issue with ANY form of slaughter, they should be vegetarian, or shut the **** up.

Reading your rant, its a forum Silo and not someplace to rant and rant and rant. Pages of crap that people dont have or better still couldnt be bopthered reading, yet you still manage to have a sling at the one sentencers that forum s should be full of. Not YOUR unintersting monologues.
All in ALL, go to hell, you talk shit and heaps of it.

Perhaps you should re-read. Everyone else got it. I love meat too. And don't have any bleeding heart issues with animal slaughter. 'Humane" methods is just bullshit, that was my point. We exploit animals for food, we put them under bad conditions and we kill them. And we get bacon ! To say one form of slaughter is less humane is bollocks.

If someone has issue with ANY form of slaughter, they should be vegetarian, or shut the **** up.

I disagree silo. I have no issue with animals eating other animals and thereby killing them to do so. Cruel? Of course it's cruel - anyone trying to suggest that killing for food has no cruelty attached to it is blind or stupid. lion kills antelope, cat kills mouse, mantis kill spider. Cruelty is involved.

However moraltiy/ethics are not absolute and I can, without feeling like a hypocrite, decide that I do not need to eat chicken or its eggs when the animals concerned have been subjected to what I consider depraved conditions purely in the name of industrial profits. Since I'm given a choice to eat meat AND to eat meat that hasn't had its eyeballs or testicles crushed in a vice for some sadists's amusement, I know I can make that choice and sleep at night.

In what context was the original post browndog? Link, explanation, etc?

I maybe in breach of copywrite...

Cheers
Chris
Nahh, there was no little c or TM next to it. I'd say it's like free clipart.
Like I said, it's pretty awesome. Stick it on your next beerlabel.

VBisGOD is a joke poster guys. Don't get too upset.

Funny thing about Avatars........

ava.gif

wonder what would happen if you got all these mouthy fucks together in a pub :icon_chickcheers:

Back