Worms - Bucket

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking maybe two pieces of wood that are approximately the dimensions of
the inside of the handles on a crown urn.
You then slide them into the urn handles vertically and they then hook under the lip
of the bucket.
Of course at the bottom end they'd need to slot into something as well so they don't
slip around.

What about some brackets (like 3) folded from metal strips like those shown
below? Provided there's enough gap between the buckets to fit the hooky part
of the brackets in between and the bottom of the inner bucket has a lip.

When the inner bucket is lifted up higher than the brackets, the outside arms
of the brackets should fall down and swing the inside parts out towards the
middle and if the inner bucket is then lowered, its bottom edge should snag
on the hooky part.

Yeah that's a nice idea.

Regarding sparging.

If you normally get say 28L preboil after squeezing the heck out of your bag and with the bucket system only get 26L without squeezing, can't you sparge with 2L of water and you should then get another 2L of runoff? I thought that's how it would work.

Yeah that's a nice idea.

Regarding sparging.

If you normally get say 28L preboil after squeezing the heck out of your bag and with the bucket system only get 26L without squeezing, can't you sparge with 2L of water and you should then get another 2L of runoff? I thought that's how it would work.

Agreed, I was unprepared and had not thought that I would be that much short.
I will sparge in some way next time, thinking about best to do it, either by hand or with the pump.

anyone tried this in a keggle?...I dont have an urn and have just acquired a keggle and burner and was going to buy a BIAB bag...now thinking a bucket with hundreds of holes, and recirculate with a jug...??

Latest posts

Back