World Ipa Day/august 4

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
English IPA EKG hop bomb coming up :icon_cheers:

If Ryan a Ross' photo on the ipaday site is any indication its set to be a very serious day :lol: :p :p

I'll drink to that. :)
Should be IPA week.

Looks like I'll have to brew a Pliney for the day then, only got 3 bottles left :(

Sounds like a good excuse to drink beer to me, not that there needs to be an excuse.
Will make sure the beer that day is IPA just for the fun of it.
Why not ? :party:

Well... I got some Torpedo, and then realised it was IPA Day.

It might just be that I keep beery company, but I think it is strange that the word on the street was all about IPA day (well, in small circles) yet it is all quite on the AHB front.

For the record, I think it is a pretty weak day to recognise, especially if you compare it to the likes of May The 4Th - International Star Wars Day.

I was disappointed for a minute that the 10 min IPA that I've got on tap at the moment is a bit tame & probably more of an APA, then I remembered the hop hog & 2 IPA that I took home from the Wheaty last night. Looks like they won't last until tomorrow.

Why couldn't they have IPA day on a weekend so I could brew?

For the record, I think it is a pretty weak day to recognise, especially if you compare it to the likes of May The 4Th - International Star Wars Day.

Or September 5 - flash yr gash day. Don't forget to tell the wives & girlfriends about that.

Just finished dry hopping my IPA & now settling in with a SN Torpedo.
:icon_drunk:

Been alternating between my two IPAs all night one an all cascade and the other a columbus/amarillo/cascade.

:icon_drool2:

I'm just following the crowd it seems, with a left over from a party on the weekend.
04082011593.JPG
Saw this thread and seemed like a reason to drink it.

Jase, I wish people would leave stuff like that in my fridge. I seem to get Sol or Tooheys New (not a New since relocating to Perth though).

I might have to hook up my keg of ~9.5% IIPA (brewed with coconut sugar - interesting, better in different beer) for relaxation after some amateur plate work.

I did a multi country tour NZ 8 wired IPA, Aus - The Beast, US - Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA, & SN Torepdo. Didn't haven't an English IPA on hand to complete the world tour.

If anyone is in Brisbane, Archive in West End is celebrating international IPA day with the following on tap:

Murrays 2IPA,
Bridge Road Stella Single Hop
Bridge Road Galaxy Single Hop
Bridge Road Bling
Holgate Hopinator
Doctors Orders Belgium Oatmeal IPA

Should be a cracker!

If anyone is in Brisbane, Archive in West End is celebrating international IPA day with the following on tap:

Murrays 2IPA,
Bridge Road Stella Single Hop
Bridge Road Galaxy Single Hop
Bridge Road Bling
Holgate Hopinator
Doctors Orders Belgium Oatmeal IPA

Should be a cracker!

Bloody oath KBB
Taking my ekka holiday today. Gonna spend a good swag of the arvo chomping on these.
Love the 4 that I've had.....looking forward to trying the stella and galaxy BR's.
Alcoholiday!!!

Latest posts

Back