Woolworths to exit Masters hardware venture

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never had myself a muscley girl. She was this little slip of a thing who grew up working in her Dad's gravel pit. She was a poetic filmmaker and artist who used to do big photo-realist paintings of bunnies out of nail polish, and then go fix excavators for her Dad. Awesome lady. :icon_offtopic:

As we were gentlemen...

I much prefer our newer Masters over the big green shed in Toowoomba, particularly the extremely knowledgeable and helpful Ron in the plumbing section. Maybe partly because of the relaxed uncrowded atmosphere (because of hardly any customers) but I also bought and installed one of their kitchens, and was/am still very impressed with the standard of components and helpful advice (not to mention the quality, fit/finish and levelness of the build :p )

But I worry about a hardware monopoly down the track. Might be the time to buy a few shares...

evoo4u said:
I much prefer our newer Masters over the big green shed in Toowoomba, particularly the extremely knowledgeable and helpful Ron in the plumbing section. Maybe partly because of the relaxed uncrowded atmosphere (because of hardly any customers) but I also bought and installed one of their kitchens, and was/am still very impressed with the standard of components and helpful advice (not to mention the quality, fit/finish and levelness of the build :p )

But I worry about a hardware monopoly down the track. Might be the time to buy a few shares...
I was in there looking for a new ceiling manhole. The staff were too "busy" talking to each other to show me where they were or actually send me to the right place. Then I had to search out another staff member who could be bothered to actually help me. I really won't be sad about masters closing down, except that we might end up with a disused eyesore. Its a big building to find a tenant for.

wide eyed and legless said:
Woolies could sell all the Masters sites to Costco.
IKEA would be more sensible.

Do we really need more outlets selling bucket sized jars of Nutella?

And corn chips the size of Give Way signs.

There'll be single-chip nachos in no time, served with a knife and fork.

Dave70 said:
IKEA would be more sensible.

Do we really need more outlets selling bucket sized jars of Nutella?
I doubt whether Woolies would sell to one of their competitors but there are those who would be preferring bucket sized jars of anything rather than trying to assemble an item purchased at Ikea.

4-funny-walmart-customer.jpg

grott said:
Masters are just about finished with their huge new store development at Noarlunga SA, opening was to be soon. Guess it won't be opening now, unbelievable and it is across the road from Bunnings!
Same out north. A Masters being built right next door to Bunnings Parafield.

hehe, everyone saw it coming. Bunnings just finished building a store right next door to Masters at springfield lakes (QLD)

Capture.JPG

I really don't think they advertised the business enough, considering the scale of the competition they were taking on.... I can't even remember seeing a TV ad for masters, but "lowest prices are just the beginning" is a fairly well worn groove in my mind.

If it means there are some sweet closing down sales, I won't complain! A couple of half price coils of copper to make me a chiller would go down a treat ;)

wide eyed and legless said:
I doubt whether Woolies would sell to one of their competitors but there are those who would be preferring bucket sized jars of anything rather than trying to assemble an item purchased at Ikea.

4-funny-walmart-customer.jpg
Umm..

I'll think I'll be right with just the bucket..

Latest posts

Back