Woohoo Got My Burner! Ag Here I Come!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wambesi

brewer
Reaction score
Finally got my burner yesterday from Dave at Greensborough LHBS. :super:
A Rambo 4 ring burner with stand, already got the rest of the kit, got enough hops and yeasts from my K&K and extracts previously so now for the grain!

But I go away on sunday for three weeks so its scheduled down for 15th March, looking at doing an APA of sorts, something like Hutch's recipe from the Vic case swap which I rather enjoyed.
So the end (or rather start) is near, yet so it's so far away, and I will also be without any internet access :( so downloading some threads and info as well as podcasts to keep me busy after work.

No other reason really for the thread, but I'm excited!

wambesi, here's a thought...

Why not buy your first batch of ingredients Saturday morning (put your order in now and pick up Saturday). Brew Saturday and into the no-chill jerry (or are you chilling?). Sunday morning pour into fermenter, pitch yeast, into fermenting fridge and go off on holidays. When you return, bottle (or keg) your beer, and you can be having your first tasting within a week of your return!

To do this you will need:
- recipe worked out
- a little planning (e.g. order ingredients)
- dried yeast (e.g. US-05 for APA)
- temp controlled fermenting fridge that you can set and forget whilst on holidays

I did this over christmas/new year - didn't want the fermenting fridge being empty for 3 weeks!

go on... you know you want to do it... :D

Hell yeah I do :lol:
But alas I just do not have time this weekend, oh well.

I'll put it down in March, then moving interstate in May, better get drinking too as I still have plenty in the cupboards....

yo mate if you need any help you know where im at.

good to see dave sorted ya. must get back down there its been ageeees since i dropped in, just havnt been brewing much.

Wambesi, Get a few cans of Red Bull on the way home from work tonight and get brewing, there will be plenty of time to sleep on your holidays. Losing your All Grain cherry in the dark, that Rambo burner roaring in the background, you've got me excited :rolleyes:
65B

Wambesi, Get a few cans of Red Bull on the way home from work tonight and get brewing, there will be plenty of time to sleep on your holidays. Losing your All Grain cherry in the dark, that Rambo burner roaring in the background, you've got me excited :rolleyes:
65B

I've seen 65bellet excited and I cannot say it is a pretty thing... :lol:

65B

I hope 65B isn't your Bust size :p

Rook

I hope 65B isn't your Bust size :p

Rook

[hijack]you ever answer your PM's? oh thats right you turned em off ya nutter.

did ya get my e-mail at least? [/hijack]

I'll put it down in March, then moving interstate in May, better get drinking too as I still have plenty in the cupboards....

Are you moving interstate at your own expense? Or is it a work thing? Only asking because I moved interstate with work Jan 07, and they paid for packing, shipping and unpacking everything... including the last batches of kit beer I ever made and the remainder of my first AG beer brewed in sydney... you don't really have to drink it all, but I'm not one to remove this excuse for you if that's the plan...

Still think you should brew tonight or tomorrow :D

Are you moving interstate at your own expense? Or is it a work thing? Only asking because I moved interstate with work Jan 07, and they paid for packing, shipping and unpacking everything... including the last batches of kit beer I ever made and the remainder of my first AG beer brewed in sydney... you don't really have to drink it all, but I'm not one to remove this excuse for you if that's the plan...

Still think you should brew tonight or tomorrow :D

Just wont happen before I leave :(
Its a work trip for three weeks, i'm changing jobs (in army) so I'll actually be working more than I do now for the three weeks anyway.

And the move will be paid for by them, everything. Looking forward to the removalist faces when they arrive into the brewery garage and I tell them I want each individual bottle wrapped so they wont break :D

What I have left we will get packed and moved but I'd like to try and get "rid" of as many of the k&k batches so more room to stock up AG's!

And the move will be paid for by them, everything. Looking forward to the removalist faces when they arrive into the brewery garage and I tell them I want each individual bottle wrapped so they wont break :D

Trust me... its not an issue for the removalists. I had about 3 boxes full of empty and full bottles - each one individually wrapped in butcher's paper! Just think about people moving house with a massive wine cellar... they've seen it all before.

Good luck with the move later in the year, and your future AG adventures...

Latest posts

Back