Wood For A Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr Gonzo

Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can get some good slabs of wood in SA to make something similar to this?

P1000709.jpg

That is an awesome bar. But NFI where to get the wood from, sorry.

Does anyone know where i can get some good slabs of wood in SA to make something similar to this?

I don't know about SA but with "Working with Wood" show in Sydney often has large timber slabs suitable for finishing as a bar. There is a show coming up an Adelaide.

Check out this Link

Benniee

Hey mate im an Arborist and many tree companys slab up timber for themselves and store away,if u want some slabs cheaper than usual try ringing a few lopping companys and im sure youll find many to choose from. :)
cheers kingy

Beautiful wood, Jarrah. Makes a lovely sound as it hits the ground... :ph34r:

Dr Gonzo

There is a place on South Road opposite the brick works market that sells slabs of timber not sure of the prices or anything just drive past on My way to work sometimes

Cheers
AW

Just a Slight bump for that thread because that was my Ton up for posts ,picture me in my lounge with the bat raised in salute with a pint of Robust Porter in the other hand :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

Thanks Arsenewenger, i'll be checking that out tomorow on my lunch break.
Congrats on the century.

I bought some nice wide jarrah boards from a place in Pt Augusta a few years ago, cant be more specific sorry.

to make you cry it did me, my Mum used to have 7 slabs of huon pine, 7ft long, 18" wide, sold them for $700 when she was short of cash, I couldn't believe it when I found out.

google and the yellow pages said:
FURNITURE, TIMBER & ARBORICULTURE SERVICES
by We Wood
ABN 88 976 290 148

254 Magill Road,
Beulah Park SA 5067

p: +61 8 8364 6777
f: +61 8 8364 6777
m: +61 (0)408 816 769

Not a lot of help for you I know but there are a few nice slabs for sale from a guy up this way

Batz

Dr Gonzo,

Deyoungs Salvage at Seaford has reasonably priced cut slabs. I bought a slab of rough sawn Cyprus Pine for $125. IIRC they had different cuts off timber as well.

Deyoungs Salvage
31 Seaford Rd
Seaford
Ph. 83270202

C&B
TDA

Dr Gonzo

Red gum take your fancy? If so, there is a bloke in Verdun, just around the corner from Grumpys that does red gum stuff (couldnt think of a better word, its early).

Found the link for ya.

My bar is a big slab of red gum, its a beauty.

Cheers
DrSmurto

Thanks TDA & Dr Smurto,
Some good leads there.

Redgum does take my fancy. Do you know if he's open saturday?

No but he is open Sunday 12-4. Like most people in the hills he is open by appointment also. I drive past him every morning so could drop in and have a chat if you want?

Dr Gonzo

Red gum take your fancy? If so, there is a bloke in Verdun, just around the corner from Grumpys that does red gum stuff (couldnt think of a better word, its early).

Found the link for ya.

My bar is a big slab of red gum, its a beauty.

Cheers
DrSmurto

How about a pic Doc.

Cheers

Yard

Thanks Dr Smurto,

As long as it's not a hassle for you to do so. A little recon is always good.
Otherwise, If he's open sunday then that's a good enough excuse for me to call into Grumpys for a liquid lunch. If you're free on sunday, and wanna meet me there, i'll buy you a beer.

You got me Yard.

I should have said, it WILL be a beauty. Its in its raw unpolished state at present. Just got a font to put in, need to sand it back and oil it up and then i will take a pic. Also sanding back the old fridge i am going to put the kegs in - planning on painting it Coopers racing green...... :beerbang:

Here's a pic of the bar the way the previous owners had it set up. It was the single car garage. Pity he didnt leave the ciggie and poker machines behind but i dont plan on replicating his 'cowboy' theme. The only thing left in the room is the bar itself......shonky ******* even removed the power cord from the air con. Tight!

bar.jpg

Sorry Dr Gonzo, at work on Sunday :angry: not happy but sometimes these things have to be done. Will stop in tomorrow morning on way to work and have a chat with the bloke.

sorry mate, just saw this
adelaide and rural salvage wingfield
slabs bigger than your mother in laws arm wings

Latest posts

Back