Wood For A Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Polished up the bar on the weekend, first coat of estapol done, 2 more to go. Amazing the contrast before and after. Now looks a million bucks!

Similar to the one you posted DrGonzo - nothing like a slab of redgum with some old corrugated iron...... :beer:

polished_bar.jpg

Cheers
DrSmurto

p.s. 3 tap font goes in as soon as last coat is dry!

Polished up the bar on the weekend, first coat of estapol done, 2 more to go. Amazing the contrast before and after. Now looks a million bucks!
Similar to the one you posted DrGonzo - nothing like a slab of redgum with some old corrugated iron...... :beer:

polished_bar.jpg

Cheers
DrSmurto

p.s. 3 tap font goes in as soon as last coat is dry!

You should have used 'liquid glass',still not to late

Batz

Hey Batz, are those slabs up your way still around? And what kind of timber are they?

Liquid glass? Googled and came up with gallery sites with stuff made from literally, liquid glass.

I am intrigued Batz. And what difference will that make when compared to a few coats of estapol?

Cheers
DrSmurto

Liquid glass? Googled and came up with gallery sites with stuff made from literally, liquid glass.

I am intrigued Batz. And what difference will that make when compared to a few coats of estapol?

Cheers
DrSmurto

DrSmurto

Look at post 1099

Batz bar

Rook

One coat and just pour it on,and I've seen it on a public bar and still good after two years.

He has a couple Bonj,I know ones camphor laurel from the same tree as my bar.He has a couple of other as well.I have to go and do a job on his slasher soon so I could take some pics

Batz

That'd be great Batz. Do you know how much he wants for them?

Ok, so that bar does look impressive batz but i am still none the wiser as to what liquid gold is or where i would buy such a product. Google isnt being particularly helpful atm or at least i am not searching with the right words...

I think that would really highlight the redgum bewdifully!

Ok, so that bar does look impressive batz but i am still none the wiser as to what liquid gold is or where i would buy such a product. Google isnt being particularly helpful atm or at least i am not searching with the right words...

I think that would really highlight the redgum bewdifully!

Liquid glass Doc.......not gold.... :)

View attachment bar.bmpThis is a photo of my bar. Its approx. 6 metres long. The bloke who I bought the house from said he got it from a timber mill. Sorry not much help

You'll need to convert it to a jpeg. bmp's are too big, and not supported by most browsers.

edit: schpellink

bar_jpg.jpg
I'm a pedantic S.O.B. Its even a crap photo. But I just wanted to do it. :D

That's a nice bar there SJW. You're lucky to have the space for something that big. I'll be down in Newcastle mid august to inspect it more thoroughly :D

maybe this
Aristocrat 1 Pint - Finish

1 pint kit. High gloss Aristocrat. Hard drying crystal clear. One coat is equal to fifty coats of varnish

Price:

$23.50
inc GST within Australia

Back