Winkles Brewday 26 Sep

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr Winkles what's the go for the day? More of a social gathering rather than a full on brew day, yeah? What time are you thinking of kicking this off?
2pm bar open, 11am mashing

SR/Half fix, either of you guys want to try AG using my rig on the day?

im up for it, will start making enquiries about hops/grain this week round the LHBS. might need a bit of a walkthrough on the rig, haven't used one yet. go the green bullet definately be keeping it simple. might bring down a couple samples of the IPA ive got brewing atm.

Shotgun we have the AFL grand final on the telly, i haven't missed one since i was 4.

im up for it, will start making enquiries about hops/grain this week round the LHBS. might need a bit of a walkthrough on the rig, haven't used one yet. go the green bullet definately be keeping it simple. might bring down a couple samples of the IPA ive got brewing atm.

Shotgun we have the AFL grand final on the telly, i haven't missed one since i was 4.

Hey SR why don't you try this recipe (http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...&recipe=123) from Jayse? It's a very nice recipe and a fairly simple grain and hop bill. There is a bit of complexity to the hop schedule but there will be plenty of "Experts" :rolleyes: there on the day to help you out. Plus if you take care, temp wise when fermenting it, it should be a good one to take to the Qld Case Swap?

Chap Chap

Hey SR why don't you try this recipe (http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...&recipe=123) from Jayse? It's a very nice recipe and a fairly simple grain and hop bill. There is a bit of complexity to the hop schedule but there will be plenty of "Experts" :rolleyes: there on the day to help you out. Plus if you take care, temp wise when fermenting it, it should be a good one to take to the Qld Case Swap?

Chap Chap

I think I've sold him on Devos Green Bullet Ale, a nice easy SMASH.

Edit: thanks Pete

Should provide a link for that for S/R - Devos GBA

I'm trying to chose between these two, the second one was brewed last year and made Half-fix the man he is today :blink: .
Subtropic Triple
Belgian Specialty Ale

Type: All Grain
Batch Size: 20.00 L
Boil Size: 22.89 L:
Boil Time: 70 min
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00

Ingredients

Amount Item Type % or IBU
4.00 kg Pale Malt, Ale (Barrett Burston) (3.0 SRM) Grain 48.48 %
3.50 kg Wheat Malt (Barrett Burston) (1.5 SRM) Grain 42.42 %
0.25 kg Munich Malt - 10L (10.0 SRM) Grain 3.03 %
6.00 gm Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] (Dry Hop 3 days) Hops -
20.00 gm Galaxy [15.00 %] (60 min) Hops 24.5 IBU
8.00 gm B-Saaz [7.50 %] (15 min) Hops 2.4 IBU
0.50 cup Orange Peel, Sweet (Boil 5.0 min) Misc
0.60 gm Coriander Seed (Boil 5.0 min) Misc
0.50 kg Cane (Beet) Sugar (0.0 SRM) Sugar 6.06 %
1 Pkgs Belgian Ardennes (Wyeast Labs #3522) Yeast-Wheat

Beer Profile

Est Original Gravity: 1.101 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.024 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 10.04 %
Bitterness: 26.9 IBU Calories: 90 cal/l
Est Color: 6.3 SRM

La Tripplette D'Hogshead
Belgian Tripel

Type: All Grain
Batch Size: 20.00 L
Boil Size: 23.93 L
Boil Time: 70 min Equipment: Brew Pot (6+gal) and Igloo/Gott Cooler (5 Gal)
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00

Ingredients

Amount Item Type % or IBU
5.50 kg Pale Malt (Barrett Burston) (2.0 SRM) Grain 73.33 %
0.65 kg Wheat Malt, Malt Craft (Joe White) (1.8 SRM) Grain 8.67 %
0.25 kg Melanoiden Malt (20.0 SRM) Grain 3.33 %
0.10 kg Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM) Grain 1.33 %
30.00 gm Hallertauer, New Zealand [8.50 %] (60 min) Hops 25.2 IBU
15.00 gm Hallertauer, New Zealand [8.50 %] (20 min) Hops 7.6 IBU
1.00 tsp Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) (Mash 60.0 min) Misc
1.00 cup Orange Peel, Sweet (Boil 5.0 min) Misc
1.00 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
2.00 tsp Coriander Seed (Boil 5.0 min) Misc
1.00 kg Cane (Beet) Sugar (0.0 SRM) Sugar 13.33 %
1 Pkgs SafBrew Specialty Ale (DCL Yeast #T-58) Yeast-Ale

Beer Profile

Est Original Gravity: 1.095 SG
Measured Original Gravity: 1.092 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.024 SG Measured Final Gravity: 1.014 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 9.37 % Actual Alcohol by Vol: 10.23 %
Bitterness: 32.8 IBU Calories: 895 cal/l
Est Color: 5.8 SRM

La Tripplette D'Hogshead Tripel looks :icon_drool2:

The green bullet smash should be a cracker for the lads Winkle!

Never noticed a TV in your entertainment area Perry?
WE NEED a TV for the Broncos v Storm game on the 26th.
If you can't manage this I'm willing to have it set up in my bedroom for private viewing on the night. :super:

SMASH EM BRONCOS! YEEEAAAAHHH!
battle107.gif

TP

There is one in the bar Pete but to quote everybody "Its not big enough".
Feeling decidedly f*cked today after staggering down to the local after the Broncos game wearing a Broncs jersey to annoy the local St George supporters @ 10 pm last nite. Boozer was lacking trannies this time :rolleyes: .

There is one in the bar Pete but to quote everybody "Its not big enough".
Feeling decidedly f*cked today after staggering down to the local after the Broncos game wearing a Broncs jersey to annoy the local St George supporters @ 10 pm last nite. Boozer was lacking trannies this time.

No worries Perry. I know that I will probably miss half the game anyway as that's par of the course at a Winkle pissup so I'll record it for Sunday arvo consumption.
It's a fair stagger to the Brook from your place mate but must have been well worth the trouble? LOL. GO BRONCOS!

Speaking of consumption --- It is to my utmost regret that I promised to contribute my latest Smoked Schwarzbier to your pissup brewday. :(
Just cracked the keg for evaluation purposes :rolleyes: & to take a pic.
This Schwarzer is my best one yet & to think I promised it to you miserable lot of guzzling brew retards.
post-6052-1252638910.gif
I'm just shattered but will keep my promise. :party: :lol:

TP

This Schwarzer is my best one yet & to think I promised it to you miserable lot of guzzling brew retards.

Good on ya Pete, I've got to do a stocktake of what remains in the keg fridge after Saturday/Sunday :unsure: . There should be a saison, hefe, the UXB and Imperial APA on tap at least.

I guess I'd better start a list for this so I get a handle on numbers for tucker.

Winkle & Anna - kegs and curries.

Chappo & Fist of Addonius - keg and home made sausages

Winkle any chance I can bring a keg to BABBs for you to put on tap at Winkles Bar and Grill? Just I will be running around Sat morning and saves me the double back to my place to get the keg? Ok if no I will find another way. :icon_cheers:

Winkle any chance I can bring a keg to BABBs for you to put on tap at Winkles Bar and Grill? Just I will be running around Sat morning and saves me the double back to my place to get the keg? Ok if no I will find another way. :icon_cheers:

Should be doable mate :icon_cheers: .

Sqyre - Should have a couple of half full kegs i can bring..

You bringing snags Chappo? hmmmm... the Trailer is empty at the moment... <_<
I should bring the Smoker along.. :icon_drool2:

Sqyre... :icon_cheers:

...You bringing snags Chappo? hmmmm... the Trailer is empty at the moment... <_<
I should bring the Smoker along.. :icon_drool2:

Sqyre... :icon_cheers:
:icon_drool2: Smoker (BTW I have that Hickory drying in splits looks like the weather gods are with us Sqyre)
I am making them tonight. Just simple ones this time. 1.5kg 100% Black angus rump with fresh chilli, onion, garlic and rosemary. 1.5kg the same base but with Harissa spices.

About 3kgs should do us? Do you guys think?

:icon_drool2: Smoker (BTW I have that Hickory drying in splits looks like the weather gods are with us Sqyre)
I am making them tonight. Just simple ones this time. 1.5kg 100% Black angus rump with fresh chilli, onion, garlic and rosemary. 1.5kg the same base but with Harissa spices.

About 3kgs should do us? Do you guys think?

Most excellent & they include the salad :icon_cheers:

im gunna have to pull out unfortunately been roped into working parklife and my other job 16 hours of work which i sorely need the money.

Hope you all have a great one, would have loved to come but family duties call.

Cheers

Sully

Back