Win A Guinness Remarkable Experience

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tekkedup

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

People throughout the world have been talking about some pretty remarkable places they would like to enjoy a pint of Guinness if given the chance. Some people have suggested Machu Picchu, on the Great Wall of China and, topically, at Centre Court Wimbledon.

Those were great ideas but have you ever considered what it would be like to enjoy a lovely pint of Guinness at the bottom of sea or to journey into the black courtesy of the black stuff? Some lucky Guinness lovers will get their chance later this year to do just that -- Guinness will award a remarkable trip into space aboard Sir Richard Bransons Virgin Galactic Spaceship, a journey to the depths of the sea in the worlds first Guinness deep sea bar and an exclusive gig in an intimate studio setting with one of the biggest and best-known recording groups in the world, multi-platinum recording artist The Black Eyed Peas.

The three prizes are all part of the "Guinness Experiences," to celebrate 250 remarkable years of Guinness.

For further information on the Guinness Experiences promotion and the Guinness 250 celebration, please visit the official Guinness website here:

http://www.guinness.com/

:icon_chickcheers:

I cannot imagine that Guiness would actually approve this spam.

Guinness will award a remarkable trip into space aboard Sir Richard Bransons Virgin Galactic Spaceship, a journey to the depths of the sea in the worlds first Guinness deep sea bar and an exclusive gig in an intimate studio setting with one of the biggest and best-known recording groups in the world, multi-platinum recording artist The Black Eyed Peas.

Be among the first to go into space? No thanks, find another guinea pig. Same goes for the subsea "prize". Black Eyed Peas? Call me when you sign Six Feet Under instead.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I go out of my way to never reward spammers with my $. I'm never drinking another guinness (not that I'm missing much there).

Since when did guinness start hiring idiot frat boy marketers? <_<

Why can't the Guinness promotions team take a leaf out of the VB promotions book. Instead of fancy trip into outer space or deep sea drinks, can we have an lovely little Irish take on the Boony doll? Just imagine a foul mouthed little plastic leprechaun sitting above your TV or on your bookshelf randomly shouting obscenities!

Just my very juvenile 2 cents

Cheers SJ

And don't forget the novel by Harry Harrison "A Transatlantic Tunnel, Hurrah" set in an alternative present where the British Empire is still paramount, and the hero on his journey to the American Colonies aboard the coal powered seaplane airliner :blink: is served pints of Draught Guinness at the bar on board.

Just imagine a foul mouthed little plastic leprechaun sitting above your TV or on your bookshelf randomly shouting obscenities!
Heck, you could probably just get a height-challenged HBer to come over and drink a six-pack of foreign extra. Soon you'll have a close enough substitute for the above. :p

Seriously though, this marketing isn't really going to work too well on HBers.

If the prize was a night with the Corrs minus the bloke i'd be interested..... :icon_chickcheers: ;)

Or a Pogues gig complete with Shane and his new gnashers. Though I see your point with the Corrs girls. :icon_drool2:

Warren -

I can't find any mention of this promotion on the site.

When the intro comes up select Canada as your country and you'll see the contest details. I haven't tried entering Australia, but wouldn't that be just fricking perfect if the contest wasn't open to residents of Australia and they spammed an Aussie homebrewing forum? <_<

FWIW, here's the text of my entry. Let's see them put this up on their site:

I'd love for Guinness to fulfill my special wish: that online homebrewing forums such as Aussiehomebrewer.com be free from Guinness spam! Imagine an online homebrewing world free of Guinness paid shills, hawking their insipid watery wares. That is my remarkable dream.....sniff.....sorry - I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

I just looked up the birthday as ill be over there then and read this.. Is anyone alse gonna be there for this ?

Cheers Vice

"Guinness Announces Global Celebrations To Mark 250th Anniversary Of Signing Of Lease On St. James's Gate Brewery, Dublin

Today, we are announcing our 250th Anniversary celebrations which will peak on "Arthur's Day" 24th September 2009. Celebrating 250 years, this remarkable day will honour Arthur Guinness, the man who signed the 9,000 year lease on the St. James's Gate brewery in 1759 and whose legacy gave us GUINNESS beer. Arthur's Day will see a series of events take place around the world to celebrate this remarkable milestone in the life of a remarkable brand.

The celebrations will take place in Dublin, the spiritual home of GUINNESS, and around the world in cities including New York, Lagos, Yaound, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. Live music and entertainment will come from some of the world's biggest names; including the Black Eyed Peas, as well as rising UK stars such as The Enemy, The Mystery Jets and Noah & The Whale.

The highlight of this once-in-a-lifetime celebration will see Artists and consumers throughout Dublin and around the world raise a GUINNESS to Arthur at 17.59 local time, to start a truly remarkable global toast. Celebrities including Sir Bob Geldof, Guy Ritchie, Jerry Hall and Sophie Dahl will also be raising a GUINNESS to Arthur and joining in the celebrations.

The Arthur's Day celebration will commence in Dublin, with internationally renowned music acts and local talent performing in locations around the city, from pubs, bars and music venues to the St. James's Gate brewery itself. Thousands of people will be coming together to experience the events live, with more tuning in to watch across the world. One of the most historic buildings in the brewery, Hop Store 13, will be converted into a live music studio for Arthur's Day for over 2,000 special guests from around the world, who will enjoy performances from global Artists.

Simultaneous events in Lagos and Yaound will see some of the hottest African talent raising a GUINNESS and performing for audiences both locally and also for those tuning in internationally. The toast will move to New York and then wrap up 24 hours after they began, with celebrations in Kuala Lumpur. A remarkable end to a remarkable celebration of 250 years!

Artists taking part in Arthur's Day will include: The Black Eyed Peas, The Enemy, D'Banj, renowned DJ David Holmes, Soul II Soul, Reverend & the Makers, Mongrel, Noah & the Whale, Mystery Jets, Johnny Flynn and The Undertones, with further artists to be announced.

The toast will not only recognise the philanthropic achievements of Arthur Guinness and his family, but is a gesture to mark the next philanthropic step from the Guinness Company.

Arthur Guinness and his family were responsible for some of the most well known acts of philanthropy in Ireland and to honour and continue this legacy we are establishing the Arthur Guinness Fund. The aim of the Fund is to enable and empower individuals with skills and opportunities to deliver a measured benefit to their communities. GUINNESS & Co. will donate 6 million to the Arthur Guinness Fund which will be active from September 2009.

Arthur's Day is a milestone for the GUINNESS brand and as the world celebrates, we will not only reflect on the success of the past 250 years, but also look forward to the next 250 years. A massive Guinness global consumer promotion launching in July 2009 will give consumers a chance to win once in a life experiences with Guinness in remarkable locations. Details on this programme will be announced at a future date.
"

They missed out on Neil Young singing
'Piece of crap"

I dont really give a **** about any of the bands.. I just wanna smash some beers with a bunch of ladies over there..LOL

Cheers Vice

Back