Willow Plastic Jerry Cans On Special @kmart

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpillsMostOfIt

Self-Propelled, Portable Meat-Based Filtration Sys
Reaction score
Wandering around the Northcote Kmart, I noticed that the nominal 20litre jerries I use for nochilling are on special for $12.99, which is the best price I've seen for a while.

Disclaimer: My parents own shares in WestFarmers and I occasionally receive free food from them (my parents).

hah! Talk about full disclosure! Do you have to give a certain number of kmart/bunnings plugs or they stop feeding you? :p

20 litre cubes are going for $10 at the 'out door' shop at harbor town in adelaide (i'm sure there are other stores around the place - interstate as well)

I picked up 3 of the tall 20L willow jerry cans from kmart on the weekend.

Do i need to point out i dont use them for no chilling :rolleyes: :D

3 of these fit into my lagering fridge but i can only fit 1 of the normal cubes.

Out of interest, has anybody measured how much they actually hold?

If they're the blue tinted ones like mine, they hold the better part of 24L

Cheers

hah! Talk about full disclosure! Do you have to give a certain number of kmart/bunnings plugs or they stop feeding you? :p

If only that were the case, I would have an easy way out. My mother is not a very good cook these days. We've taken to eating with them mainly in restaurants or at our place...

If they're the blue tinted ones like mine, they hold the better part of 24L

Cheers

Yep, 24L. When I get a new cube, the first thing I do is fill it using a 1L jug, and mark a scale onto it. Time well spent, IMHO, as it saves a lot of fannying about and guess work later. (and makes bulk priming a lot more accurate, as it's easy to account for losses in transfer).

20 litre cubes are going for $10 at the 'out door' shop at harbor town in adelaide (i'm sure there are other stores around the place - interstate as well)

Haven't checked Kmart locally in Vic, but noticed a similar deal in the latest Rays Outdoors catalogue too. $10 a 20L cube. Let's hope there's a 'Cube War' and the price goes down even further! C'mon Aussie Disposals or Big W! You reading this!? :lol:

Hopper.

<3 Rays Outdoors.

I want their smoker too. Will have to head down there sometime when I'm cashed up. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back