Williamswarn Personal Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update
I am consistently brewing great beer. Currently on brew number 14, imperial stout (9.4%) and aside from being a little malty it stacks up to some of the best i have tasted. Noting that there are issues with AG and dealing with the trube, the only other issue i have encountered is finding or finessing the dry hopping schedule. However i am still only brewing extract, but looking atthe Grainfather one they introduce a mash schedule. Temp control for fermenting and severing beer at the correct temp is a godsend. Furthermore bottling is a breeze but i have found only really necessary every 2-4 brews only to tide me over between brews
Cheers
Elz

Plus all the bling bullsh$t from previous posts, waste of breath; turns out to be workhorse and probably one of my wisest investmets.
Cheers again
Elz

HN blurb states "allows users to create 23L of award winning beer from home in just seven days".

They should state that the quality of beer depends on external factors, entirely dependent on brewer skill and sanitary conditions.

Sounds like a guarantee to me. No wonder they can command a hefty price.

Yob said:
Oh gods.. Why.. Why would you do this?

Weren't the previous 2 epic threads enough of a shit fight?
It was 3 threads Yob, I thought 3 was more than sufficient!

Yob said:
Oh gods.. Why.. Why would you do this?

Weren't the previous 2 epic threads enough of a shit fight?
Or everyone that's sick of reading WW threads could actually stop reading them and, heaven forbid, stop commenting in them.

H0U5ECAT said:
http://www.harveynorman.com.au/williamswarn-personal-brewery.html

$8k for something my $25 fermenter and $1k keezer build can do? no thanks
That's utter bullshit

Yes they aren't cheap but then neither is a Porsche and if you took the time to understand what the WW can and does do (ferment under pressure, carbonate, chill, clarify, ability to harvest "clean yeast" and dispense all in an oxygen free environment in 7 days for ales and 9 days for lagers/pilsners) in a single stainless steel vessel that nothing else available does then maybe you wouldn't make such claims and if/when you respond to these points be specific about an actual single vessel set up that exists and just don't rabbit on that you or someone else could make one.

Yes I know I am leaving my self open to ongoing rubbish responses but at least I know how it compares to most of the other brew vessels and fermenters having tread the road from a "bucket of death", a backyard three vessel set up, to one of the original "all in one" breweries and back to a three vessel set up before purchasing a 20lt Braumeister. As to fermenting I have gone from a plastic fermenter in the laundry then went high tech and draped a towel over it for temperature control and then went up market to a temperature controlled fridge before realising all the benefits of the WW and made the jump.

Elz and Roger Millie are a couple of other brewers that know just how good this piece of equipment is also having gone down similar roads. Roger has also reportedly used SS conicals and either earlier in this or another thread stated that with all his past experiments and experiences the WW out performs the lot of them

At least we are able to speak from experience and not just shoot our mouths of.

Cheers

Wobbly

gallery_34552_1239_41260.jpg

I don't own a WW, and probably never will. But I doubt the members here who have one are either stupid or less competent brewers, as evidenced by their posts on this and other topics. It fulfils their requirements and I suspect it is an excellent piece of kit.

Edit: Audio NSFW!

http://youtu.be/yJ-jvEd0pDw

Back