Williamswarn Personal Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Each to his own mate. It will be interesting to see the quality of beer this machine churns out using an AG wort and quality yeast. Best of luck with your purchase and be sure to update this thread with your experiences too.

43 units sold in Australia hey, it's a shame some haven't posted here with their experiences.
I got past the awful advertisement & it looks like it'll do the job, but for the money I'd personally rather ferment away from where I'm serving. Also, does the unit let you brew other beers while you're drinking the first one?
Honestly, you could set up a much more practical system than this & for a lot less money, but each to there own, I really look forward hearing how you go with it.

Cheers Ross

I'm with you Ross. I can see the value in this device as a prototyping rig for a large commercial brewery to try out recipes on a small scale using big scale methods, but to be honest I don't hold large breweries as any sort of guiding light on how I want to go about brewing my own beers.

To each his own though.

And no, from what I can tell you have to drink your brew before you can put down another.

Well you can buy accessories to either keg or bottle it then you can start anotger brew

Don't let it worry you mate. Some people buy flash cars, some build their own and some buy cheap. All work, all get you from A to B. There's no logical reason to buy a Ferrari over a Golf, but there's a passionate one.

Buy what you want, brew what you want and don't let it worry you.

Agree with tavas.. Why TF would you buy a golf?.. Jokes [but serious]

Back on Topic:

So, in sense, Congratulations mate!!

Sincerely, I hope it is everything you hope it will be! :super: Your money, your life, enjoy it how ever TF you see fit.

Please keep us posted on the progress, sounds like the is some learning but quite the rig!

Cheers for sharing and hope we see more.

SWMBO was at a corporate function a while ago with some bigwigs, the type of blokes who have serious amounts of cash to throw around. Chatting to one of them she mentioned that I'm a home brewer and he got all excited and proceeded to tell her about this whizz bang machine which makes beer for him and he doesn't have to lift a finger, saying its just like a bread machine, you just tip the stuff in and a week later you've got beer on tap! Why would you bother actually brewing?? Turns out it was one of these.

After having read as much as I can find on one of these units, there is nowhere in their advertising that shows HOW they work.
At this stage it just appears to be a "magic box"
Even if I did consider buying one I would want to see how the thing worked. Things like how the beer clears is what I mean.
Good luck with it to the OP I hope it does it for you.

After having read as much as I can find on one of these units, there is nowhere in their advertising that shows HOW they work.
At this stage it just appears to be a "magic box"
Even if I did consider buying one I would want to see how the thing worked. Things like how the beer clears is what I mean.
Good luck with it to the OP I hope it does it for you.
Did you read the instruction manual Dicko? It has plenty of pictures and things to give you a fair idea of what's going on inside.

It's one nifty bit of kit that seems to be very well made and thought out. I just can't see the cost making it accessible to the average punter.

If you've got the money burning a hole in your pocket, go for it!

(Tagging along for this one. I want to see how it performs.)

Beerisyummy said:
Did you read the instruction manual Dicko? It has plenty of pictures and things to give you a fair idea of what's going on inside.

It's one nifty bit of kit that seems to be very well made and thought out. I just can't see the cost making it accessible to the average punter.

If you've got the money burning a hole in your pocket, go for it!

(Tagging along for this one. I want to see how it performs.)
I'll go back and have another read as I only skimmed through it.

Mate, I had enough trouble getting a 20 litre BM through the finance department and that was even after I had sold the 3v rig :D I would have no hope on one of those..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuLvLnXiC_U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thanks for that vid doon.
Very interesting.

Now I can see how the OP is going to add his wort from the BM and let that machine do the rest
I hope he will keep us all posted as to how it all goes.

Cheers

The thing that puzzles me is that they are putting water into the brew after they put through clearing agent. Is this not asking for an infection? ?

Hey guys, I've got a great idea for a machine. You put beer in one end, and it pisses urine against a wall at the other end. Seriously, it eliminates all that tedious drinking and liver work.

It'll cost about 20 grand but it'll be shiny as ****. Who's in?

WortGames said:
Hey guys, I've got a great idea for a machine. You put beer in one end, and it pisses urine against a wall at the other end. Seriously, it eliminates all that tedious drinking and liver work.

It'll cost about 20 grand but it'll be shiny as ****. Who's in?
I realise it is very tempting to make jokes probably due to the cost of this machine, but can we try to keep this thread on topic please.

Cheers

doon said:
The thing that puzzles me is that they are putting water into the brew after they put through clearing agent. Is this not asking for an infection? ?
Yes, in that video he seemed to be quite blaze e' (sp) in adding that water, maybe he had boiled it first.

Cheers

Is it possible to buy a can of the goop and do a "normal" fermentation with to see what it's like?

Latest posts

Back