Williamswarn Personal Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elz said:
I don't own a car, but if I did I would aspire to aTesla rather then a Kia (kinda like a future not based on old technology)
A Tesla runs mostly on coal, where do you think most electricity still comes from? A thousand Teslas in Melbourne get home, get plugged in, and they shovel more brown coal into the furnaces in the Latrobe Valley. You've simply transferred the pollution from Collins Street to the poor bogans who have to live at Morwell.

And before anyone says you can specify renewable energy, that's a scam like so called free range eggs and how most UK ales claim to be made from Maris Otter.
Of course you can always cover your roof with panels and get a Tesla Power Wall but that will cost you the same as a Kia anyway.

I'm waiting for hoverboards to come in, myself.

WTF!

Is this penis envy war debate still going - I thought we won yonks ago.

C'mon Straya - the real reason you hate the WW sooooo much is because they is from Nuuu Zuuuulund. Innit.

RM

final warning guys that is far enough off topic.
back on topic. next comment i see about expensive cars and or their owners i will award some points for trolling.

I've just been watching an instructional video about the Williams Warn at . I must say, it does look the part. It's very bling and I bet you get cracking beer out of it. However, price aside, I don't think it would be for me even if I could afford to throw $4-5k at it. It doesn't seem to resemble brewing/fermentation that I recognise. I'm sure it's not as tricky or as involved as the video suggests but it does seem both tricky and involved. I'm curious as to why you'd want to keg if this thing delivers beer as the video shows with a built in kegerator? I guess it's just another option for how you serve your beer.

Interesting tech/gadget product, far far far out of my budget, can't imagine it would give me better beer than I'm making at the moment. Good on ya to those who have one and enjoy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - a non-trolling post.

Welly, its about as simple as a fermenter with a temperature controller gets.

Step 1 - Make Wort - tip into WW
Step 2 - Pitch Yeast
Step 3 - Set Temperature Control
Step 4 - Wait

Now to the options

Step 5 - Clarify as shown in video/Drink from kegerator...

or (as I now do)

Step 5 - Crash Cool to 1 Deg C
Step 6 - Wait
Step 7 - Transfer to a keg via a filter

The main reason for kegging is to be able to make more beer.

Simple.

RM

welly2 said:
I've just been watching an instructional video about the Williams Warn at . I must say, it does look the part. It's very bling and I bet you get cracking beer out of it. However, price aside, I don't think it would be for me even if I could afford to throw $4-5k at it. It doesn't seem to resemble brewing/fermentation that I recognise. I'm sure it's not as tricky or as involved as the video suggests but it does seem both tricky and involved. I'm curious as to why you'd want to keg if this thing delivers beer as the video shows with a built in kegerator? I guess it's just another option for how you serve your beer.

Interesting tech/gadget product, far far far out of my budget, can't imagine it would give me better beer than I'm making at the moment. Good on ya to those who have one and enjoy it.

The beer wont necessarily be better. Same old adage of shit in, shit out will still hold true, but if you can brew a decent beer using normal techniques, there are potential benefits (pressurised fermentation, zero exposure to air from transfer of wort to drinking the beer, natural carbonation etc.). For Elz, Wobby and RM and no doubt others, those benefits are worth the $6k or so the WW costs.

This is interesting (at least I think it is): http://www.terifahrendorf.com/Closed-Pressurized-Fermenatation.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see the results of a system wars type of comp. Same wort, same yeast, same temp (not sure how temp is controlled on the WW). In the spirit of the brew rig system wars you could have a tradition plastic fermenter, Flat bottom SS fermenter, SS Conical and a WW. All pitched at the same time and served by draught at a set time period. Judged by blind tasting by BJCP certified.

roger mellie said:
Wow - a non-trolling post.

Welly, its about as simple as a fermenter with a temperature controller gets.

Step 1 - Make Wort - tip into WW
Step 2 - Pitch Yeast
Step 3 - Set Temperature Control
Step 4 - Wait

Now to the options

Step 5 - Clarify as shown in video/Drink from kegerator...

or (as I now do)

Step 5 - Crash Cool to 1 Deg C
Step 6 - Wait
Step 7 - Transfer to a keg via a filter

The main reason for kegging is to be able to make more beer.

Simple.

RM
So for you it's really just a pressurized fermentation chamber?

edit: (just reread that - apologies if it reads as a snide comments; its not meant as such)

bradsbrew said:
I would like to see the results of a system wars type of comp. Same wort, same yeast, same temp (not sure how temp is controlled on the WW). In the spirit of the brew rig system wars you could have a tradition plastic fermenter, Flat bottom SS fermenter, SS Conical and a WW. All pitched at the same time and served by draught at a set time period. Judged by Blind Dog tasting

Yob said:
Harvey Norman, AUD $7499
Blind Dog said:
So for you it's really just a pressurized fermentation chamber?

edit: (just reread that - apologies if it reads as a snide comments; its not meant as such)
Spot on Blind Dog - for me its all it is

I use a 20L Braumeister to make my Wort - this just ferments and carbonates.

So - yeah, relatively expensive for what it is.

RM

As per RM above

I also use a 20lt Brau and often counter pressure bottle about half of each brew in 560ml Little Creatures bottles and that way I have a selection of sediment free beers to consume either from the machine or from a bottle.

Same as keging without the need for another fridge for kegs etc.and easy to take to a restaurant/friends place etc.

Not sure of the relevance of the BJCP guidelines reference

It floats my boat as I have said many times before

Wobbly

A BM and WW for making beer? Now that's some serious HB bling.

If you need to dispose of some cash monies, I'll PM you my bank deets.

PS. The above is tongue-in-cheek. However a brewer decides to brew is their prerogative. I can't wait to upgrade from my Barina..

Wow I've been completely ignorant of the WW simply because it is out of my price range and I'm a bit of a tinkerer I thought it produced beer from grain from start to finish.

I think now I know it is essentially a fermenter/dispenser it is definitely overpriced at $7499.

My current setup for fermenting/dispensing is a keg king kegerator, corny kegs, SS brewtech 14gal fermenter, commercial fridge with temp control that all set me back about $2000 including lines disconnects etc.

I can see how the WW may be good for some but I feel they have priced themselves out of the market for the majority of home brewers. Maybe a budget model is something that may entice more to this type of brewing.

Cheers

Brownsworthy said:
Wow I've been completely ignorant of the WW simply because it is out of my price range and I'm a bit of a tinkerer I thought it produced beer from grain from start to finish.

I think now I know it is essentially a fermenter/dispenser it is definitely overpriced at $7499.

My current setup for fermenting/dispensing is a keg king kegerator, corny kegs, SS brewtech 14gal fermenter, commercial fridge with temp control that all set me back about $2000 including lines disconnects etc.

I can see how the WW may be good for some but I feel they have priced themselves out of the market for the majority of home brewers. Maybe a budget model is something that may entice more to this type of brewing.

Cheers

Its evolution in the name of simplicity Brownsworthy.

I had all of the following at some point in my ongoing brewing obsession:

Bucket o death
Esky/Chilly Bun with a Beerbelly FB.
Hopsocks galore
50L 2V/3V Keggle setup
100L Morebeer Tippydump system
Immersion Chillers
Counter Flow Convolutos chillers
Sabco Chillwizard
Plastic Fermenters
Stainless Conicals
March Pumps
Peristaltic Pumps
Cam lock fittings
Tri Clamp fittings
Silicon Hoses
Temperature Controllers galore.
SSR Controllers/RIMS heaters
3 Brewing fridges
A Shitload of Swagelock fittings
A Blichmann Hop Rocket

I could go on

Now I have a mill, a 20L BM, a WW, about 12 Kegs and one Keg Fridge (and a filter) (I did buy a hop spider a while ago).I could do away with the mill but I like crunching my grain at 100 rpm not 500 rpm as my local brew shop does.

They say a fool and his money are soon parted, well that may be true, but in this case I can assure you - I would not trade any of the above systems nor the process of learning about them from zero to what I have now - have loved the journey and in the main, most of the shit I brought - has been recycled back into the brewing community.

The end

RM

roger mellie said:
C'mon Straya - the real reason you hate the WW sooooo much is because they is from Nuuu Zuuuulund. Innit.

RM
Of course it had nothing to do with the inventor telling us all that we are are fuckwitts and we dont know anything about brewing beer

Damage done RM... Damage done

Back