Whirlpool inlet fitting question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooterism

Reaction score
I've searched but didn't quite find the answer..

What I would like to do is weld a nipple at 30 degrees to the tangent of my 70L kettle about a 1/3 up from the bottom. (I learnt that from searching..)

So my question is, Is it better to keep it flush on the inside of the kettle? Or is it better to have some of the nipple protrude into the kettle?

I found this;

just to clarify, keep the bit in the kettle or do without it?

file:///E:/Frank/Downloads/whirlpool_tangent%20(1).pdf

*Edit, must give credit to the creator of the linked image :super:

I always prefer a protruding nipple. Two, even better.

Something like this is good enough. Direct the flow around the side of the kettle, done.
HjwSX.jpg

I found this as well..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOA4tXvjC5s

CmdrRyekr said:
I always prefer a protruding nipple. Two, even better.

Something like this is good enough. Direct the flow around the side of the kettle, done.
HjwSX.jpg
got a link or source for those?

SBOB said:
got a link or source for those?
Pretty sure Scotty beamed him up for 30 days so don't expect too quick a reply.

They look similar to attachments I've made with a $10 tube cutter, $40 pipe bender, $20 worth of annealed stainless 1/2" tube, $10 ebay comp fittings and a $20 polishing kit to give it that nice shine.

Hmmmm. Anybody got a link to these?

Camo6 said:
They look similar to attachments I've made with a $10 tube cutter, $40 pipe bender, $20 worth of annealed stainless 1/2" tube, $10 ebay comp fittings and a $20 polishing kit to give it that nice shine.

Hmmmm. Anybody got a link to these?
that sounds like a 'too hard' recipe... im hoping for an off-the-shelf answer :)

Back