Which Scale To Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baseline minimum> It has to be digital and it has to be 1 gram increments for hop measurement,otherwise you are wasting your money.

Those Big W scales are good for hops etc, for weighing grain do a search on eBastard for hanging digital scales. They are available up to 50Kg in 10g inc. But do your research, there are a lot of suppliers here in OZ, they usually have items continuously available finishing a day or so apart, often the starting bid is around $25. Just keep bidding at $18 or so on each auction until they get the message that your not gonna bid higher, until your bid is accepted.

I bought the same ebay scales as Killer4x4 and 7KG with 1 gram increments for $38 inc postage is a winner for both hops and grain. Calibrated very well throughout the scale (tested with water) Very happy.
Cheers
Doug

Hey Doogiechap, when I click on that ebay link and it says the winning bid was $41 plus $12 postage. Did you get the same model for $38 and it included postage? If so how'd you score that deal?

Henno

Hey Doogiechap, when I click on that ebay link and it says the winning bid was $41 plus $12 postage. Did you get the same model for $38 and it included postage? If so how'd you score that deal?

Henno

G'day Henno,
The link was a little dodgy. The scales are the model I have. The seller is Multipoint Technologies, I just managed to win some at a much cheaper price (I am not Jackson_pollocks). Patience grashopper :) . Bid low and often and one will eventually come your way :).
Cheers
Doug

I just scored a set like devos of evilbay for 99 cents + $43 shipping

Paul

Back