Which Commercial Kegs Can You Legally Own?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thirsty Boy, Thirsty Boy, quick, come and have a look at this!
Bring some handcuffs.

stagga.

Why?? I don't care a zot and never said I did. All I have been trying to do is accurately inform people who want, as did the OP of this thread, to know which kegs actually are legal and which are not.

Those kegs are stolen & illegal, skippy knows they are stolen and illegal; and is presumably happy with his actions and the possible consequences. Therefore I do not give a crap.

see thirstyboy doesnt care for spice stagga!

How come you`re so knowledgeable about the ins and outs of all these laws and legal situations?

Back in my school days, I was diagnosed as being HYPER-ACTIVE!

In later years they called it ADD!

Recently, it's called ADHD!

I suffer from several sociological disorders: - "THINKING ABOUT EVERYTHING", "SURROUNDINGS AWARENESS", "ASKING TOO MANY QUESTIONS"!

Seriously, I know some councils will do what I stated, others prefer to let their workers deal with kegs in a different manor! My experience come from being an entrepreneur when it comes to abandoned cars - some are abandoned legitimately (mechanical defects, owner left the country) and others are stolen, so it pays to find out before acquiring them! The same processes would apply to any item council is interested in with a money value.

oh, I see.
What with the flowery legal jargon and advice and all, I thought you were some sort of reincarnated Perry Mason :lol:
Case solved.

stagga.

Also OT

ALLY CANS TOO

The point of your remark?

Scenario I haven't tried yet - So if I fill a shipping container with squashed ally cans that are worth 0.5C in NSW (at POS scrap metal yards) and drive to SA to claim 5C per can and make $35,000 @ 20 times per year after fuel and driver wages, is that stolen property or a crime? The cans used to say "Not to be refilled" and had the owners name printed on them before I got them. I can't prove where I got them from either.

As for the milk crates and kegs, it's sad when someone has to score promotional notches on "their" belt by going the extra mile (in being a hero for a corporation they are getting ripped off by themselves) and dobbing you in for something they don't have a warrant for!

Apparently if you bring in 3000+ containers they will ask for proof that you're not shipping them from interstate. Not sure how that's possible, but hey...

theres more peas and carrots in this thread than your crock :lol:

The name's peas_and_corn

One of my locals has 30+ 50l kegs sitting in the open in the car park.

Under a surveillance camera.

Me and a workmate (also a home brewer) have worked out a plan to nuetrelise said camera . . .

JUST JOKING ( about neutralizing the camera).

seriously, If keg security was so important, how can this be allowed to happen ie have kegs in the car park, in the open, with a potentially phony security camera???

I have suggested to the local HBS they pay a visit as it is 40m away from said pub lol lol

Cheers

At one pub the bloke behind the bar told me "just wait 'till it rains- the camera doesn't see anything when it rains"

Stagga

Covered in a thread somewhere else (CBF looking for it) the topic of has anyone been prosecuted was discussed. Yes there has been in Vic. There is poor ******* cop (who must of roayally pissed the brass off) that is responsible for keg theft and chasing it down. now admittedly thius guy would be more inetersted in large scale theft (scrap prices etc) but there have been people prosecuted. Kegs cost a lot of cash and breweries are keen to have thiefs tracked down. Hence the new (well not so new this was early last year) idea of putting tracking devices in kegs so they can be tracked. it also has an inventory efficency aspect but tracking kegs also comes into it. the tracking device was going to located in the coupler.

It must not be to big a problem, as I cant find anything on the web about keg recovery.

Stagga

Covered in a thread somewhere else (CBF looking for it) the topic of has anyone been prosecuted was discussed. Yes there has been in Vic. There is poor ******* cop (who must of roayally pissed the brass off) that is responsible for keg theft and chasing it down. now admittedly thius guy would be more inetersted in large scale theft (scrap prices etc) but there have been people prosecuted. Kegs cost a lot of cash and breweries are keen to have thiefs tracked down. Hence the new (well not so new this was early last year) idea of putting tracking devices in kegs so they can be tracked. it also has an inventory efficency aspect but tracking kegs also comes into it. the tracking device was going to located in the coupler.

The "tracking device" has nothing to do with preventing theft - it is to track kegs within the brewery for cleaning, filling, dispatch, delivery, return, maintenance, etc. It is feasible that individual kegs that go missing could be tracked to where they last were in the legitimate chain - but couldn't be used to track down a "borrowed" keg in someone's garage.

Sorry, I wasn't thinking Cincinnatti when I wrote the reply. The tracking being employed at major AUSTRALIAN (Foster's, Lion Nathan) breweries is RFID based not GPS.

Anyone got the balls to e-mail one of these breweries and get it from the horses mouth?

Pretty sure Thirstyboy would have it from the horses mouth working at CUB and all.

cant belive this threads still going.

wonder what would happen if all the homegrowers started a thread on a homegrowers forum about how they steal electricity. rag to a bull imo.

wonder what would happen if all the homegrowers started a thread on a homegrowers forum about how they steal electricity. rag to a bull imo.
What would be the best way to go about that?

stagga.

Stagga

Covered in a thread somewhere else (CBF looking for it) the topic of has anyone been prosecuted was discussed. Yes there has been in Vic.
but proof, Dr. Watson, proof!
we need PROOF!! :)
{buries head in hands and shakes head from side to side, cursing uncontrollably}

stagga.

stagga i reckon if you stopped replying to everyones posts this thread would die a happy death. let it be happy man, let it go peacefully.....

but proof, Dr. Watson, proof!
we need PROOF!! :)
{buries head in hands and shakes head from side to side, cursing uncontrollably}

stagga.

what proof do you want - I work for fosters, I was a manager in the keg plant, I was there when they prosecuted people for keg theft. People have provided you with proof, you just don't like the answers so you stick your fingers in your ears and sing the I can't hear you song. Grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back