Which And Why?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favourites are english ales, eg Fullers ESB and Theakstons Old Pec.

favourite locally mass produced beers are most of the james squires, eg pilsner, IPA, porter.

I haven't been to any micros for a long time...

LCPA has got to be it but is being hotly contested by my newly found Murrays Pale Ale. :rolleyes: Hobgoblin is another.

Ok, alot of you guys talked about LCPA and rated it pretty highly. So I went out a bought one and just finished it 2 mins ago. Mate, that was nice.
Shit I only bought one.
That Will be the last time I do that.

hargreaves hill Hefeweizen? Anyone tried it?

I have had it a couple of times, a very mild Hefe but still 2nd or 3rd and it just keeps getting better....

Still, a nice drop but buy four!

I do love a LCPA. I seem to like the Summer style beers more than the winter ones!!!
Montieths Summer Ale is a very tasty choice, ineresting flavours and very refreshing.
Redback fresh from the Keg.
Leffe Blonde - What can i say!!!
Schofferhoffer Heffe/Kristal is a guaranteed pleasure to drink always.
Moo Brew Pilsner fresh from the keg @ Lark's Distillery in Hobart is a cracker.
J.Squires Golden ale :p
Red Oak Irish Red Ale is an awesome session beer.
I could keep going but there are way to many ones that i haven't tried yet.
:D

I'm a Nelson Sauvin nut, so naturally I luuuuuurrve the Knappstein beer.
Will always partake of a LCPA
JS Amber is also not too foul

and absolutely enjoy the Erdinger Dunkel Weizenbock

Definately LCPA i'm lovin cascade hops at th moment and only recently (thanks to Screwtop) discovered American Pale Ale. Two things i've learnt from my very limited expierience is America and England make fricken nice beer which leads me onto my latest discovery Fullers ESB and Youngs Double Chocolate Stout. The ESB blew me away Chewy caramel/toffee and well balanced hops, As soon as my Rigs together have to have a crack at this style. The Youngs Stout very nice but would limit to one bottle at the end of a sesh coz very rich and smooth dark chocolate. Also recently discovered LC Bright Ale which makes an excellent session beer with enough hops to keep you interested. James Squire IPA hops jump out of the bottle and slap you very nice, and of course Murrays beer (any one of em) they're all great just grab whichever you can find and you will not be disappointed.

I havent' got a favorite brand or type as such.
But then again...I am a lager man but cannot find one that is better then the rest.
Pilsner Urquell is nice but overrated.
Beck is going down real easy. I brewed a FWK check pilsner not long ago that taste very similar to Beck.
DAB is very nice too
As for pale ales
LPCA is a nice drop when on tap.
I really enjoyed Victory Bitter at Lord Nelson on the pub crawl.

There are so many nice beers out there.

Recently tried La Chouffe and 3 Monts for the first time (cant believe I have never had them before) and they were both amazing. Now I have to brew a bloody biere de garde to satisfy my craving for the 3 monts! Any of the Murrays beers, Potters also do some great stuff. Also too many to mention are beers in the states and canada (amongst other countries). I think my favourite, though, is sampling the wares of any of a number of very good home brewers that I know. I think I just love beer...
All the best
Trent

My favourite would have to be LCPA. It has beaps of flavour, bitterness and aroma without being over the top.

Other notable beers include- DAB, Jever, Deuchars IPA, RedOak IPA, RedOak English Bitter, Rodenbach Grand Cru, Cantillon Gueuze and most of the beers from Murrays.

Back