Which And Why?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NME69

Reaction score
There was a post on the worst kinds of ( commercial) beer yseturday. Which was a good read, some were quite funny.
The thing is though, I would like (and probably also others would too) to know which is your favorite beer and why? What makes it so good? :rolleyes:

I would vote LCPA as my favourite 'all-round' commercial beer. I clearly remember the first time I tried it (years ago now) & I was absolutely amazed at the hop flavour, and it just blew my mind :wub: .

It still does when I am contemplative and sipping away at one... :chug:

I have tried this in every kind of weather (hot, cold, spring etc) and with lots of different food, somtimes without food, and I reckon it is the dog's bollocks of all-round awesome beer. Lots of malty flavour, heaps of hoppy goodness, nicely bitter and a drying finish. Beauty. Hope like hell they don't frig around with the recipe cos it works.

Hasn't this been voted best beer in the world like three times now?

I must go and buy some soon.

coool. but what is LCPA ( yes its probably obvious maybe the brains not working today)

LCPA = Little Creatures Pale Ale.

I'd vote for any good hoppy English best bitter, best tasted in the beer garden of a thatched-roof English pub.

MFS.

coool. but what is LCPA ( yes its probably obvious maybe the brains not working today)

LCPA = Little Creatures Pale Ale

And it is a top drop - quite fond of their Bright Ale also.

I am a bit fan of Mountain Goat Hightail Ale - I get withdrawals if I haven't had it for a while - will be grabbing a pint (or two) on Saturday *yum*

Brendo

I would vote LCPA as my favourite 'all-round' commercial beer. I clearly remember the first time I tried it (years ago now) & I was absolutely amazed at the hop flavour, and it just blew my mind :wub: .

I have tried this in every kind of weather (hot, cold, spring etc) and with lots of different food, somtimes without food, and I reckon it is the dog's bollocks of all-round awesome beer. Lots of malty flavour, heaps of hoppy goodness, nicely bitter and a drying finish. Beauty. Hope like hell they don't frig around with the recipe cos it works.

+ 2 ;)

LCPA = Little Creatures Pale Ale.

I'd vote for any good hoppy English best bitter, best tasted in the beer garden of a thatched-roof English pub.

MFS.

Or:
a belgian dubbel in an outdoor cafe in bruge,
a stein of dunkel in a Munich biergarten
a Singha while floating in the pool in Ko Samui. B)
Geez, even a New can go down nicely while standing round a bbq on a hot day..... sometimes :ph34r:

+1 for LCPA, by the way.
Another one I go back for is Kozel Dark. Very nice.

Tim Knappstein's executive lager.
Just love that nelson sauvin hop flavour with the clean lager character.

+10

I think we all know where this is going.....

Murrays Sassy Blonde a close second!

yeah but ...
I've tasted too many LCPAs that don't have any hop flavour, let alone aroma, but have had
the odd one that tastes as I'd expect.
Tim Knappstein is always tasty. Could have something to do with how far it travels.

Oh and ... lobethal bierhaus APA ... yummeee ... lots of cascade and caramelly malt. Yum!

+1 ;)
Has to be from a keg to get the real apreciation.
From the bottle is not bad but must be poored into a glass as this is closer to the keg than straight out of the bottle.

Cheers :beer:
Ian

yeah but ...
I've tasted too many LCPAs that don't have any hop flavour, let alone aroma, but have had
Tim Knappstein is always tasty. Could have something to do with how far it travels.

+1. I've never really got into LCPA but the Knappstein is consistent

yeah but ...

Oh and ... lobethal bierhaus APA ... yummeee ... lots of cascade and caramelly malt. Yum!
This is so true I think I'm going to have to taste Knappstein now.

Hobgoblin. Beautiful malt, and balanced with soft hops bitterness.

Fullers ESB. Similar to the above, but perhaps a little less complex in the malts.

LCPA. Been drinking that since it was first released. Definitely love the hop character.

Wicked Elf Pale Ale. Very clean beer, with a defined Cascade hop character.

Schfferhoffen Hefeweizen. My favourite weiss, lovely malt, and bubblegum nose.

Oops, better stop now, I just realised it's supposed to be your favourite. Well, they all qualify.

Hobgoblin. Beautiful malt, and balanced with soft hops bitterness.

Fullers ESB. Similar to the above, but perhaps a little less complex in the malts.

LCPA. Been drinking that since it was first released. Definitely love the hop character.

Wicked Elf Pale Ale. Very clean beer, with a defined Cascade hop character.

Schfferhoffen Hefeweizen. My favourite weiss, lovely malt, and bubblegum nose.

Oops, better stop now, I just realised it's supposed to be your favourite. Well, they all qualify.

mmmmm Schfferhoffen Hefeweizen :p

Matilda Bay Alpa Ale is a fantastic beer, probably my over all favourite. Cooper's Sparkling is very good for a large volume brewery. JS Golden Ale is very nice. Urquell is probably my favourite lager style. Not much into English beers however have Well's Bombardier at the moment which is quite nice.

Ok Then,

I am a fan of all the James Squire range. Most favourite is the Golden Ale for cooler weather. Very nice use of Amarillo. And the Pilsner for a hot day. A relaxing beer that keeps you wanting more and more and .......... more ......... and ...........

Yes , had a Urquell the other week, not bad.
My favorite beer is, and for sure u are all going to say who? what? Okocim, { pronounced okochim}(hard to find ) Simillar to the Urquell Pillsner. Dan Murph's liquor has it.
I recommend it so strongly that you should all get up and buy one now.
The beer is a Polish Brew from the Carlsberg Co. They use a Lublin hops by the way, which I've never heard off before.
It is the highest-class beer among the pilsner brand, its lite amber hue, full clarity, characteristic bitter taste and its intensive aroma of hops. Its a unique taste that has to be sampled. bloody expensive beer though
By the way if anyone has a recipe for this beer , would certainly appreciate a copy.
:icon_chickcheers:

Timothy Taylors Landlord on tap in the old dart......

Its the reason i brew
If only my local had it on cask...

I'm with alot of others...LCPA, Schfferhoffen Hefeweizen, Knappstein and Pilsener Urquell are definately the beers i'd consider favourites of mine, sessionable ones anyway. All of a high quality and delicious in their own way.

Latest posts

Back