Where to put the keg fridge?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gsouth said:
Where ever it goes, make sure your happy with it and then DONT move it!
Mine was in the study, just off the lounge room, until a fateful day earlier this month...it got moved out the back for a party. SWMBO promptly filled the space in the study and informed me that 'your stupid fridge' wont be coming back in.
I don't mind it begin out the back under the pergola but much preferred it inside!
Like many have said, having it outside or in the garage means you have a 'get away' but in doing so you'll sacrifice convenience.

I personally think you should do something like this if your building: :D
traditional-kitchen.jpg
Showed the Sargent major ur pic
"That will never happen"
Gotta love a challenge

I have the three tap inside in the downstairs tv/lounge/pool area for the everyday beers and the four tap in the shed which has the not so everyday beers but I seem to go out to the shed a lot

I have mine in the lounge room/dining/kitchen area. You cant see the kitchen in this pic as its opposite the dining table. I never miss a ball in the cricket. I can grab a beer in the ad break, or even just sit there and watch tv, talk to guests there etc. I wouldnt like to go to my shed at night. You want it inside man!

photo (12).JPG

good points on both sides here

im in the same boat here however i do like the idea of a dedicated area ie mancave

New_guy said:
Showed the Sargent major ur pic
"That will never happen"
Gotta love a challenge
Hold this little ace for when you design the rest of the house and she wants something.
Then pull the " it's not just YOUR dream house baby, I have to live here too"

ballantynebrew said:
im in the same boat here however i do like the idea of a dedicated area ie mancave
Now there's an idea. A kegerator in the boat.......................

DSC_0871.JPG

The secret is to get your better half hooked on bottled soda water, then inconveniently run out on the weekends or just before guests arrive.

Then sell her the advantages of soda water on tap, never runs out, cheap, can use own filtered water etc.
Only have water glasses on top of the keg fridge, keep your beer glasses in a cupboard. Also keep a bottle of bitters or whatever else she likes to mix with close by.
And never forget to fill up that soda water keg!

My wife, although she hates beer, still thinks that the keg fridge in the kitchen is one of the best things I have ever done and even after two years still mentions it at least once a week.

Florian said:
attachicon.gif
DSC_0871.JPG

The secret is to get your better half hooked on bottled soda water, then inconveniently run out on the weekends or just before guests arrive.

Then sell her the advantages of soda water on tap, never runs out, cheap, can use own filtered water etc.
Only have water glasses on top of the keg fridge, keep your beer glasses in a cupboard. Also keep a bottle of bitters or whatever else she likes to mix with close by.
And never forget to fill up that soda water keg!

My wife, although she hates beer, still thinks that the keg fridge in the kitchen is one of the best things I have ever done and even after two years still mentions it at least once a week.
Bet the front and centre tap is the soda water too you sly dog!!

Mine sits outside, under a tarp.

I've got it in the biggest wheels I could afford, but it doesn't roll very well over grass (especially with 6 kegs and a heavy wooden top).
But it's near the BBQ and outdoor table, so it's not all bad.

To me it's a work of art ... but in a previous life I guess it was just an old old chest freezer and a bunch of fence palings.

Latest posts

Back