Where To Get 100 Litre Ss Pots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Velophile recently purchased some (admittedly very cheap) cheap 60litre stainless pots from a place in Sydney Road for what boiled down to about $1/litre. If Sydney Road in Brunswick works better than Victoria Street in Abbotsford/Richmond...

I've contemplated a smaller one for standard batches as the thickness isn't a concern for me as long as they can hold their shape, which they apparently do.

Velophile recently purchased some (admittedly very cheap) cheap 60litre stainless pots from a place in Sydney Road for what boiled down to about $1/litre. If Sydney Road in Brunswick works better than Victoria Street in Abbotsford/Richmond...

I've contemplated a smaller one for standard batches as the thickness isn't a concern for me as long as they can hold their shape, which they apparently do.

Any idea where in Sydney rd?

Andy

Any idea where in Sydney rd?

Andy

Hi Andy,

The cheapest & most recent pot purchase was from Hot Price Trading 635 Sydney Rd. They had 2 ~60 litre SS pots for $59.95, now my HLT & mash tun :)
There is another place near Spotlight (further south) that has a range of Alum pots for a reasonable price too. Get your BIAB fabric & pot at the same time!

I found my ~90 litre SS kettle in a simular type of shop in Footscray for only $140.

One of the Victoria St Richmond stores is called Chefland, close to Church St. That's where my 4 ring burner came from, @ ~ $99.

Happy shopping :)

Thirsty Boy took me on a bit of a walk which basically meant I walked from The Gem in Collingwood to The Royston in Richmond via a whole bunch of interesting stores.

There was one in Victoria Street which I am sure Thirsty will know the name of which had two 100 litre (or maybe 110) boilers for $75 each. I nearly bought one myself, but for the fact I would have no use for it. We also enjoyed a clutch of micro beers with a seriously good chicken parma at The Royston, which anyone buying those pots could easily afford.

I have the 98L Robinox SS pots from allQuip and they're top quality. The base is nice and heavy for good even heat.

Dimentions are aprox, 50cm x 50cm.

You kept that one quiet Rex , Wow what a set up

pumpy :)

thats a cool setup you have there Rex.

How did you do the sight glasses ?

Thanks!

I set this up a while back. But the sight glasses sit between the pot and tap using an adaptor.

The down side of this that the sight glass is not accurate when the tap is open :-( If can get motivated to drill a new hole and take my pots to the welding shop again I'll move it.

BTW here are the parts from MoreBeer:
http://morebeer.com/view_product/17450/
http://morebeer.com/view_product/18698/

I may have actually bought it from G&G, but it's exactly the same anyhow.

You kept that one quiet Rex , Wow what a set up

Haha, Actually built most of this nearly 2 yrs ago... mostly inspired by stuff here and morebeer.com :D

FYI, I drilled all the holes in the pots for the taps/thermometers/thermo wells/heat exchanger then took it to a pro tig welder in Dandenong(Melb) and got them to weld in the SS threaded sockets to screw all the fittings into. Actually cost bugger all to get that done, since most of the hard work (drilling) had been done.

Me and a mate welded up the stand etc with galv square hollow tube etc...

The other cool trick is the gas solenoid for the HLT, the mongolian burner has a standing pilot and turns on and off the main jets using a basic 12vc power pack connected to the solenoid and a simple thermostat I used to use on my old pastic bucket/electric element HLT :)
see:
http://www.grainandgrape.com.au/product_in...roducts_id=7368
http://www.grainandgrape.com.au/product_in...roducts_id=6975

I should post some more pics.

IMGP1764.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

Is there a possibility that the bulk buy might be still on. I was just about to order two of the 70L pots (Would have already ordered, but they've only got one in stock) and a mate has organised frieght already, but for an extra $23 per pot to step up to 98L, count me in for two. :D

I've already ordered my 98 litre stainless from Beerbelly.

Sam

OK then, it would appear that two have opted out. Is anybody else still interested or has it died a natural death.

1. Reg (depending on price)
2. Moray - 3101
3. Sammy (also want a BSP socket welded @ $35)
4. Fenton - 3087
5. jayandcath x 2

:huh:

The option is still there, someone PM me if the list makes it to 10 :)

i would love to but the postage to QLD is simply a killer, unless their is a few of us and we can make the postage less painful somehow.
cheers

i would love to but the postage to QLD is simply a killer, unless their is a few of us and we can make the postage less painful somehow.
cheers

Mate if its any help, I have room for a third in the transport department.

Hi All, In regards to a possible bulk buy.
If we get 10+ they will supply them for $295 for the 98L Stainless steel stockpot, and is this directly from Allquip in Sydney???
I was looking at buying 2 x 70L S/S stockpots from Allquip, and have allready organised frieght from Sydney to Brisbane with a mate, the good news for anybody in the Brisbane area is that I can organise frieght for 5 units, for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
So basically there are 2 more available with free frieght (When I say free, you can buy me a beer)

jayandcath - 2
Allstar - 1

well for anyone in Melb i've found the holy grail of pots thanks to spillsy and thirstys tip off.

Theres two shops on Victoria St Richmond....both of which sell any size stainless or ally pots you could imagine...80L, 90L, 100L, 120L up to 200L

I brought a 120L heavy gauge ally for $270 like this

60808.jpg

The stainless pots they have a rubbish tho, thin walls, thin base. They do sell SS Robinox 98L's but they are $600. I know i could get one for >$320 but i was sick of waiting and i got an extra 20L for less albeit alloy...heavy gauge tho. Just need to get a tap and my hop filter fitted! thanks to HOTD for driving me round all day.

If anyone in melb is after a pot i highly suggest you go and check these out before you spend big bucks on somthing else.

oh i cant remember what the shops are called but if you start at train overpass (vic st and punt rd) just walk up Vic St and one shops on your left hand side and one on the right side about halfway up. Cant miss them and open 7 days a week till about 5pm.

120 Litre? Looks schweet Fents... Sounds like some large batches on the horizon? B)

Warren -

I reckon I will get mine from Beerbelly. 100 litre fairly heavy duty ~149.

i'd be intrested to see what gauge these are? ally right? all the ones i were looking at were heavy...like 4mm or somthing. Please dont tell me i've been ripped! :ph34r:

Back