Where To Get 100 Litre Ss Pots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't want to say it Fents but I got mine (120 litre 4mm ally) for $140 in Epping. :(

Warren -

your kidding? well i havnt touched it yet so i can return it...serious Wazz 4mm yea? from that wine joint in epping?

Fents

Got it around 18 months ago. Was an ad in the local rag that had them on special. I was lucky enough to get the last one at the time.

My guess is they're probably not that cheap now but it wouldn't hurt all the same just to enquire about the price.

It's also a highly awesome place to have a squizz at. Lots of brewing related bling.

Here's their details. They're related to the place near the Vic Market from memory ?? :unsure:

Cellar Plus Group Pty Ltd - HO and Showroom
47 Yale Drive (PO Box 349), Epping Vic 3076,
Ph +61 (0)3 8405 9000
Fax +61 (0)3 8405 9001
Email [email protected]
Web www.cellarplus.com.au

Warren -

Fents

Got it around 18 months ago. Was an ad in the local rag that had them on special. I was lucky enough to get the last one at the time.

My guess is they're probably not that cheap now but it wouldn't hurt all the same just to enquire about the price.

It's also a highly awesome place to have a squizz at. Lots of brewing related bling.

Here's their details. They're related to the place near the Vic Market from memory ?? :unsure:

Ph +61 (0)3 8405 9000
Fax +61 (0)3 8405 9001
Email [email protected]

Warren -

Jebus H.. :eek:

Don't bother Fents. Just rang them on your behalf and out of curiousity... $250 now!!

The bloke told me they were probably clearing old stock at the time. It appears I did get a bargain. :D

Warren -

Just rang em - $253 is the cheapest 120L ally pot and its 4mm. So i paid $17 more...

Phew you had me bloody scared the Mr W.

I was quite lucky at the time. SWMBO rang me from work and told me it was in the local rag. The scary thing was she offered me the pot. Who was I to refuse? :lol:

Think I'll keep her. B)

I still can't believe there's that much difference in price though. Scary.

Warren -

still goes to show you should shop around. could of saved myself $17 and epping is closer to me. heres me surrounded by chinese people in Vic st thinking i had the best price in the world.

Ph +61 (0)3 8405 9000
Fax +61 (0)3 8405 9001
Email [email protected]

Warren -

The shop's in Peel St, next door to La Porchetta. They seem to have most of the blingy stuff there (including some beautiful polished stainless wine vats that look like they hold about 500 litres - I wasn't game to ask how much they were)

sorry Fents mate - you've been ripped :( , my ali pots are also 4mm thickness including lid, Robinox brand. $250 for a 120 litre ali pot is ludicrous!

how much then dom (with shipping to Vic) ? as i said i can return it...

this would of been asked befor but what are the benifits of using Ss over ali pots

this would of been asked befor but what are the benifits of using Ss over ali pots

They are more chemically inert and you can scrub the crap out of em, you have to be a bit more gentle with aluminium!

I don't know if I should be asking this in this thread, but I guess it's relevant, and I didn't want to start a new thread. Are there any serious problems with thin stainless steel? I just picked up a 110 litre stainless steel pot for $75. It is quite thin, but holds it's shape when handled and probably doesn't dent any easier than most aluminium pots. I am a bit concerned that maybe I've just thrown away $75 as it seems too good to be true. But I can't see how anything can be wrong with it as long as the welds hold and stuff. With the temperature not going much over 100 C, I don't see how the welds would come apart, but certainly don't want it to happen during a boil. Scorching is another possible problem I have thought of, but I will only be doing about 50 litre (final volume), and probably won't need the flame up that high.

I was actually looking for a 60 litre or so ally pot, and was looking to spend about $150, but then I saw this, and it's the same thickness as other ss pots that were half the capacity and three times the price.

I don't know if I should be asking this in this thread, but I guess it's relevant, and I didn't want to start a new thread. Are there any serious problems with thin stainless steel? I just picked up a 110 litre stainless steel pot for $75. It is quite thin, but holds it's shape when handled and probably doesn't dent any easier than most aluminium pots. I am a bit concerned that maybe I've just thrown away $75 as it seems too good to be true. But I can't see how anything can be wrong with it as long as the welds hold and stuff. With the temperature not going much over 100 C, I don't see how the welds would come apart, but certainly don't want it to happen during a boil. Scorching is another possible problem I have thought of, but I will only be doing about 50 litre (final volume), and probably won't need the flame up that high.

I was actually looking for a 60 litre or so ally pot, and was looking to spend about $150, but then I saw this, and it's the same thickness as other ss pots that were half the capacity and three times the price.

Ballzac, have a look at this thread.

cheers

Browndog

Latest posts

Back