Where To Get 100 Litre Ss Pots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh.....you won't get a Brewboy from Mashmaster - he doesn't make them.........I do. :lol:
Sorry Dom, I must have had mashmaster on the brain (I know I had monstermill on the brain). I love the brewboy.

my 2c, the kettle is worth the spend for long term durability. if its just for hot water etc then i would go cheap ali. $295 is a damn nice price

Doesnt look like this bulk buy is going to get up.

Tomorrow is the end of the month so not looking good.

Thanks Domonsura for getting the prices, sorry to waste your time..

Maybe in a little while

The Robinox 98's are 500mm high and 500mm diameter. Made from 1.2mm SS, and the base is what they call "5.5mm fully encapsulated aluminium thermic base' , which in our language means an aluminium base, 5.5mm thick fully enclosed in stainless. I believe the aluminium part is to distribute the heat evenly - I've drilled through a few of these bases and they are pretty thick. Base heat distribution is pretty good. On an interesting note, when drilling through the base, even though it's ali, it's tough as all hell and takes a bit of effort even with a brand new good quality bi-metal holesaw..... <_< .
Handles are solid 12mm rod, each one is attached to a plate which is welded and riveted to the main vessel. There is a lid with the pot, and the lid handle is also 12mm ss rod, welded to the lid.
They are literally commercial kitchen stockpots, and solidly built. Suitable for use on gas, electric, ceramic and induction heat sources. Dishwasher safe. (That's one BIG dishwasher :huh: )

Mods can be done before they leave the workshop, 1/2" BSP socket welded in for $35 ea.

no worries, if 10 of you can gather together, I'll check out a price at the time - you never know. Sometimes they suprise me.

Add me to the list.

1. Reg (depending on price)
2. Moray - 3101
3. Sammy (also want a BSP socket welded @ $35)

Add me to the list.

2. Moray - 3101
4. Fenton - 3087

Add me to the list.

2. Moray - 3101
4. Fenton - 3087
Wedding over time for more important things?

you know it. luckily we havnt made that "joint account" yet ;)

OK I am not too sure if everybody is aware but we have to wait till we get 10 on the list for Domonsura.
Numbers are still a little low but getting closer....

sorry guys I'm out.

I thought this had fallen through so I placed an order with beerbelly today.

cheers
Moray

Moray
just out of curiosity what did you get and for how much?

By the way it had fallen over as i needed to be done by the end of last month.
Domonsura said if and when we got 10 together he could re price them for us.
So you did the right thing if you wanted it now.

Cheers and enjoy the new bling
Reg

You wont be disappointed when they turn up :)
I got a ss 70 ltr pot with goodies welding in a few months back from beer belly - excellent work and very neat!

What is the damage likely to be freight wise? I am in 3053
- Bez
$45 Berwyck

Here are some freight prices for major centres, they would need to be confirmed for specific postcodes. All 98 litre pots have 20kg physical weight available within these prices, as the freight is calculated on cubic weight (size) not physical weight of the item. In real terms this means that you can put nearly a whole bag of grain inside one or equivalent weight for shipping. Both burners will fit inside this size kettle, (8kg with a reg)..........so the freight prices are horrible for some, but there are ways to make it worth it :D (unless you're in Darwin...)

We use Toll Priority courier, so delivery is door to door and must be signed for.

MELB $45

SYD - $60

BRIS - $130 (not really worth it unless you wanted to go the whole hog and fill it with goodies)

PERTH - $85

DARWIN - You don't really want to know. Seriously. :eek: (I've always been curious, is everything horrendously expensive in Darwin or what? )

Essentially, you can keep the list going and when (if) we reach 10 I will price check at the time and those who the price is acceptable to can go ahead with it as long as we are close to 10 - I might be able to 'make up the numbers' as such if it's only one or 2. The price has more to do with the number purchased than anything else so the price should still be much better than normal anyway.

On the back of Poks March pump bulk buy and the grain mill bulk buy it got me thinking about POTS.

Is there a local (Melbourne) supplier of 100 or 120 litre SS pots.
If any one has any details then can you please PM them to me or post them on here. Prefer good quality
Also post if you would be interested in getting one so we might get a reasonable price.
I am willing to organise and get the ball rolling.

Good way to upgrade or set up and future proof (as CM2 puts it)..

Try our sponsors above, otherwise Victoria street in Richmond, VIC.

There are 3 stores that stock small to 200L stock pots in Stainless and Aluminium at great value. Not sure what their door numbers are but the first is on the corner of Victoria and Church, opposite the large antique store Oriental Express. The second is near the same corner but a few doors towards the city end from the DJ store. The thrid is about 200m from the Nth Richmond railway bridge (away from the city).

I dont really get into Richmond anymore.
Perhaps someone maybe able to get to those shops and have a look and get back to me.
Next time I am in Richmond I will have a look but could be a while.

I am still waiting to hear back from G&G as John has been away.
Might try again this weekend.

What are the dimentions of the 98 liter pots?

and do they have a thick base?

cheers

I have the 98L Robinox SS pots from allQuip and they're top quality. The base is nice and heavy for good even heat.

Dimentions are aprox, 50cm x 50cm.

IMG_0346.jpg

thats a cool setup you have there Rex.

How did you do the sight glasses ?

Latest posts

Back