Where To Drink Between Broome And Darwin?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damianpeterson

Reaction score
Hi, my wife and I are going to be spending about three weeks exploring the Kimberley region in September and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good drinking spots anywhere in that area? We're going to be driving between Broome and Darwin. So far I've found Matso's in Broome and Wisdom in Darwin but have drawn a blank on anything in between.

Cheers!

I was in the top end about two months back and there was a big push on coopers everywhere, so, you might still be able to get cheap coopers everywhere you go, but othr than that, its slim pickins.
On the backpackers street in Darwin there are a couple of bars that have some good imports, and the irish pub does coopers vintage on tap.

So far I've found Matso's in Broome and Wisdom in Darwin but have drawn a blank on anything in between.

When you're in Darwin try the Ski Club, sailing club, trailer boat club in a row along the coast next to the museum. You're not going to find anything amazing but Coopers and maybe a guest Lord Nelson was in the sailing club I think ... and you'll get good views.
Also, make sure you go to the Deckchair Cinema in Darwin - they were serving ok 'guest' bottled beers when I was there for $5 I think.

It might be worth the trip across to the Mandorah Beach too ... he had an ok selection of beers (for the NT at least) and nice views. Call before you go, though as it's due a refurb at some point.

When i was there last year Wisdom was never open :( I assumed it had closed down.

Matso's is part of Kimberley Accomodation. They have a pub in Kununurra (or at least sell beer there), and a nice place in Halls Creek. Ring them and ask what's on - Justin is the sales director and very amiable, he'll probably help you out.

... other than that my friend enjoy the drive and when you get to Broome stock up on Matso's 'cos it's a while til the next decent drop in WA :D

Turkey Creek is pretty flash

batz

Hey, thank you very much folks. Looks like I'll have to stock up with bottles and take them with me. Good to know. Now to convince my wife that we'll be fine to leave the meat and ice cream out of the campervan fridge and that beer should go in instead. :)

Latest posts

Back